Stingray pickguards

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkSlapRumblefish, Jun 24, 2001.

1. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Does anyone know how/where I could get a new pickguard for my Stingray? I saw some for sale on eBay awhile ago but haven't seen them there lately. Please help if you have any knowledge about doing this. Thanks! -FSR
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I got a nice black pearloid for my Stingray 4 from Bass Central. Good price and excellent service.
  3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
  4. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks for the suggestions! Also, does anyone know the price ranges for new pickguards? I appreciate your help. -FSR
  5. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
  6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I recently traded for a black 'Ray from another TB member and an looking for a tortoiseshell guard for it myself. WD and Jeannie have pickguards for ~$60 (not including shipping, I think). Supposedly these are higher quality than the oem pickguards. I have also been told that the list price of the Ernie Ball pickguards is $55 and any EB dealer can order one for you - whether you can get a discount off of list or not is variable. I haven't contacted any of the online EB dealers yet to check prices (the only local dealer I know of is GC and I tend to avoid them).
  7. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey craigb! I'm also looking for a tortiseshell guard for my natural 'ray! I checked out and they had a huge selection of pickguards with many color & style variations (thanks gweimer!). And their prices were pretty low, going from $22-$50 depending on the style you choose. Seems like they have some good deals so maybe you'd also like to check it out.

Thanks for the input.

8. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Thanks, it looks like $44 for a tortoiseshell pickguard for a Stingray. The previous time I tried to check out Chandler I found a bad url somewhere. Now when I get back from vacation I'll have to pick one up.
  9. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Why are pickgaurds so expensive? Its just a slab of plastic.
  10. mentalretard27

Jun 14, 2001
    Probably prices are so high because there really isn't a high demand for them. I think I took economics once. Who says high school is a waste of time ;)