Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray pickguards

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkSlapRumblefish, Jun 24, 2001.

1. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Does anyone know how/where I could get a new pickguard for my Stingray? I saw some for sale on eBay awhile ago but haven't seen them there lately. Please help if you have any knowledge about doing this. Thanks! -FSR

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I got a nice black pearloid for my Stingray 4 from Bass Central. Good price and excellent service. http://www.basscentral.com
    Doc

3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I've had good luck dealing directly with Ernie Ball directly when I've needed parts for my StingRay. http://wdmusicproducts.com also has a very good selection.

4. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks for the suggestions! Also, does anyone know the price ranges for new pickguards? I appreciate your help. -FSR

5. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
  6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I recently traded for a black 'Ray from another TB member and an looking for a tortoiseshell guard for it myself. WD and Jeannie have pickguards for ~$60 (not including shipping, I think). Supposedly these are higher quality than the oem pickguards. I have also been told that the list price of the Ernie Ball pickguards is $55 and any EB dealer can order one for you - whether you can get a discount off of list or not is variable. I haven't contacted any of the online EB dealers yet to check prices (the only local dealer I know of is GC and I tend to avoid them).

7. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey craigb! I'm also looking for a tortiseshell guard for my natural 'ray! I checked out www.chandler-usa.com/ and they had a huge selection of pickguards with many color & style variations (thanks gweimer!). And their prices were pretty low, going from $22-$50 depending on the style you choose. Seems like they have some good deals so maybe you'd also like to check it out.

Thanks for the input.

-FSR

8. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Thanks, it looks like $44 for a tortoiseshell pickguard for a Stingray. The previous time I tried to check out Chandler I found a bad url somewhere. Now when I get back from vacation I'll have to pick one up.

9. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Why are pickgaurds so expensive? Its just a slab of plastic.

10. mentalretard27

mentalretard27

Jun 14, 2001
    Probably prices are so high because there really isn't a high demand for them. I think I took economics once. Who says high school is a waste of time ;)