Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray refit...2 band to 3 band

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thumbman, Dec 27, 2005.

1. thumbman

thumbman Love that low end

Nov 2, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    hey,

I managed to get a stingray for a hella good deal, so i compromised on the 2 band 3 band thing...i love the sound of the 2 band in its own way, but i need a 3 band for the music i play to help me cut...ANYWAY.

I have 3 pots on the front and the jack on the front, i dont want to route out the side to move the jack so i need a 3 band that have a stacked bass and treble or as long as something is stacked so i can fit the 3 bands plus volume in my bass without too much rerouting.

any help would be nice...thanks

P.S
    I would like the preamp to be very very growly.

and is it true that seymour duncan stingray replacement stuff sounds like garbage when used in halfs...ie SD pre MM PU or vice versa?...thanks

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    You can wire an Aguilar OBP-3 to have stacked treble/bass. I've never played one, so I can't comment on the sound, but a lot of people seem to swear by them.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    OBP-3 would work for what you're looking for.

4. thumbman

thumbman Love that low end

Nov 2, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    ive heard a lot that the obp 3 and all aguilars for that matter are more, boom than growl...ie very thick and bassy...any comments...