1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stingray Slapping issue...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kmk42019, Mar 17, 2008.

1. kmk42019

kmk42019

Aug 14, 2006
    Baltimore
    When I slap my stingray, especially the E and A strings I get a a pop...but in a bad way. It sounds like the pickup is being hit or something, its hard to explain. It doesnt sound good. Anyone know what Im talking about?

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Lower your pickup a bit or check your technique. Mainly-check your technique is my guess.

I have that problem more when i'm slapping on my jazz basses [the setups are very different compared to my Ray5].

3. Hollow

Hollow

Oct 16, 2007
    yup i had that problem before.It only happened to me though when i slapped the B string. I think in my case since the b string it really floppy it actually did hit the pickups. Maybe your strings are low tension. Try slapping closer to the fretboard (or on it) if you already don't.

4. christophergenz

christophergenz Guest

Jan 10, 2008
    Hey bro, I had the same problem with my Stingray. All you need is a screwdriver, and about 30 seconds of your time. Lower the pick-up and It'll sort it right out. Worked for me, hope it does for you :)