1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Stingray swap feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lousybassplayer, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STUPID TB CLASSIFIEDS! I swore I just came here to browse and pass the time, maybe sell an amp. Now I'm doing what I knew I would eventually do and starting a "feeler" thread. I may decide not to bother, but we will see.

I have a black/black/maple Ray 4HH with all case candy, which I value at 1100 bucks. Why? Becuase I'd probably rather not sell it, but for 1100, it'll go. It's an under the bed bass, played at one practice an in my room a little bit. There is one blemish about a 1/2 inch that is visible in the upper contour, not sure what it came from THe case has a few scuffs on it from sliding it out from under the bed, but everything works. Still have the reg card, hang tags, even the little wipes but may not have the keys. It is an awesome bass, period.

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!

PICS HERE:
    http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/lousybassplayer/stingray 4hh/

Possibly looking for:
    Active 5/6 string of similar value
    Black Widow WMD+cash
    Sterling 4
    Modulus VJ of similar value. Could add some cash, but not a whole lot, so one thats a little more used than my ray is the goal. Prefer passive in black or burst and truss rod, but I'm flexable
    I am not looking to trade down at all at the moment.

2. may consider fours as well. pics won't be able to be posted on here but can email them when I get them emailed to me. Also, I am from Maine, so that can be considered local area for me as well, I am there from time to time.

3. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    PMd

4. PMs replied, some very decent offers, but I'm starting to get cold feet. I'll leave it out for a while to see if the "destined to be" offer comes along. Getting more inclined to take an equal value bass or a tiny bit of cash on my end to trade up(50-75 bucks). 4s and mixed trades possible, but not as likely.

5. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    What the heck is a moddy? A Modulus?

6. Been gone a while, few updates. Moddy is Modulus. Only looking for equal value 5s anymore, but probably keeping this one. On the other hand I have pics now, email only, if the right trade bait comes along.

7. still around. Wantin' 5 strings.

8. Well, having returned home I have put a pics link in and also found a blemish not mentioned in the original description. It is visible in the pics in the upper contour at about the center. Not serious, but its pretty much the only thing wrong with it, so is worth mentioning. Not sure how it happened, since this bass has barely been used.

Trade bait more or less the same, 5ers or a similar value Modulus VJ passive. I have also rediscovered a hankerin' for a metal bass, so if anyone has a Black Widow WMD and some deal sweetener we should talk.

9. Araya sig maybe? Or possibly something with 6 strings. Not sure what I want, but I'll know it if I see it.

10. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Pmd

11. Well, by odd happenstance the perfect 5string came up for sale today, and I believe I'm going to be sending this to Colorado.

12. yep, its a goner! I'm gonna miss it, but if TB classifieds is any indication, I'll get a chance at another when I have more cash!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.