Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigbadbottom, Feb 28, 2003.

1. PLEASE HELP! I am an avid stingray player and collector. I have a pre-ernie,80 model,mocha-brown(transparent finish)with are you ready-all "gold hardware". A very solid 8.5-9.0 cond.Yes it is stock so its original owner along with musicman historians at the ErnieBall Co tell me. All ser#'s on bridge,tuners and etc..visible. It has all its original case candy,warranty card and etc..The case is a rectangular tolex(standard looking),but with chocolate or dark brown plush fur lining. I was told the only other one known,Tom Hamilton of Areosmith has. My question-Does anyone know how may were made? How valuble is it in other opinions? Also its an 80 model according to neck and body-I have been told its a 3K to 4K appraisal or value. Is this the case and what are various views on it? Any and all info on this model is of great help and importance to me! Thanks ahead of time for all your help.
  2. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi and welcome to TB bbb. You'll probably get more response to your post up there in bass guitar (BG) land. This is the double bass (DB) section of the forum.