Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stingrays

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ashton, Jun 29, 2001.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well im wondering what a used but still in 9/10 condition Ernie Ball musicman stingray 5 string would cost in usa. theres one here in australia and its either 2000 or 3000 which is half that in us dollars(1aus dollar is 50cents usa.about 1000-1500usa for the bass) is it worth the money and if its cheap does anyone anywhere want it.
    later
    Lukas

2. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi ashton! Here in the US Stingray 5's sell in a large range of prices, they're more expensive than the 4 string 'rays usually, but sometimes you'll find them cheaper, it's weird. But anyways, I've seen ones in excellent condition going anywhere from $800-$1300 used. They cost more or less depending on the options you get (i.e. pearloid pickguard, piezo pickups, matching headstock, etc.), but that is the the main price range i've seen. Also, IMO as long as the bass is in a decent condition, it would be well worth the money. If I had that kind of money I'd snag one for myself in no time! I hope this is of some help and it's not too hard to understand!

-FSR

3. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well i dont have the money for it and i would rather my spector that ill be purchasing at the end of the year. i was just wondering if it was a steal(meaning good deal) and telling anyone in australia that there is one here for that price if they want it, also anyone anywhere else is welcome to take it but shippings a biach and this things heavy.
    later
    Lukas