STM 900 live question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ledyard, May 17, 2012.

1. I got nothing against either amp. Both VERY nice. I also got nothing against turning eq's.
    Only thing I think of, if you dial BACK bass, up mids etc to get a "flat-ish" response, where do you go if you get a "bassy" room & you need to bump mids, cut more bass?

I found when I owned a STL, I had 2 cut the bass back to around 9 o'clock, sometimes 8 o'clock, then I played a horrid room, where it's notoriously boomy, & had nowhere to go.

2. I find you can crank the mids full and it still sounds delicious!

3. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    That is one impressive FOH!! Tell the truth...did you start belting out the melody of "The hills are alive with the sound of music...." during sound check?

4. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    hahha.. I know right!..My sister did when i skyped her and showed her where i was..

. That gig was in Morzine France ..... not far from at foot hills of the Swiss and Italian alps.
    Lucky me gets to go back there.. I hope we get to lay over this time for 2-3 days....

5. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I hope you do get a few days to enjoy it! I'm uber jealous!!

6. Of course you can. I've played in bands that have opened up for some really big named Country artists, ei) Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, and many more. and I didn't even use an amp. I just used the DI on a Peterson stomp tuner. I did have a VT pedal thrown in there too.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021