1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STM-900 sound byte...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jlepre, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    This was recorded live using just an Iphone without FOH support. The videographer was standing right in front of me. I was going through an Epifani UL-115 with ZERO effects playing my almost new Squier VM Jazz V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQG5mjE6qiA

Oh and the bottom clip is using the same setup PLUS an Avatar B210 playing my SR5. That clip was utilizing FOH but he mic'd instead of using the DI. I have no idea WHY, but it worked.

2. metermech

metermech SMOOVE ONE Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Man that tone was awesome..right on point..The playing was great also...Again that VM sounded good!

3. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I should mention that I was using the overdrive, and had the gain and volume at about 12 o'clock

4. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Sounds great! Are you running flats on your VM? Nice, thick tone!

5. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Nope using more of the neck pup, and using EBMM cobalts

6. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Great job. Sounds a bit tricky to sing and play that one concurrently.

7. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Thanks!

I have been playing this song for years, but I don't think I ever had an issue with it.

8. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Really like your tone. It's fat but articulate and sits nicely in the mix. I've always enjoyed the tone I get with my STM900.

9. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Thanks. It would have been LESS out front if the videographer was back a little.

10. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I never seem to be surprised with my STM-900, but my musician friends are ALWAYS blown away. I'm so happy with this amp.

11. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Wow, great fat vintage tone. Great playing and singing too, btw.
    On a side note- I always thought that your username was a reference to some sort of preamp. Had no idea it was your name!

12. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    HAHAHA! Thank you for the compliments. This is what I hear from almost every musician than sees me live with my band. When I show them my rig is when the questions start flying...