1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stmpbox? Pre-recorded sounds?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WayneS, Apr 3, 2013.

1. WayneS

WayneS

Apr 9, 2007
    Virginia
    I'm looking for a floor unit that does nothing but play back pre-recorded sounds.

Something that I can program songs into.

For example...
    I have a song that has three sound tracks in it. Not music, various other sounds (wind blowing, sirens, etc...).

I'd like to be able to select this song and then select the sound I want to play.

Get it?

Anybody ever seen anything like this? There has to be something out there that does this.

2. I've seen this kind of stuff done with drum triggers and some kind of programming.... It's been a while, though.

3. bludog

bludog

Apr 3, 2012
    Brooklyn 11217
    It does a lot more than jsut this but you can do that with a looper that allows you to record the loop from another device and store it in a preset location. It also needs to be able to be set to play the loop just once and not repeat it continously.

I used to do this with a Boss RC-20XL Loop Station. It stores 9 loops (I think it's 9) and you can record them from an outside source other than your instrument, like an iPod or your laptop. I used to trigger found sound samples and spoken word stuff to play over instrumental songs. It worked great, because you can use your feet to cycle through the loop presets. Just be sure you know which is which.

You could also use a foot controlled Midi controller and have the samples ready to trigger on an iPad or laptop (probably other options at this point) but I found the Loop Station waaaaay more simple to setup and execute live. Just my expreience though...

You can find them in the TB classifeds for about $120. They pop up about every few weeks or so.