1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stock capacitors

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by euronymous, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I want to through an orange in my epiphone goth T-bird, but don't know the stock value. It is not labeled either. Anyone know the value? Also, the lower number the less it cuts?
    It does say "2A683J" on it, maybe I am confused

2. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Quick Google search of "2A683J" leads one to believe that cap is 0.068 uF.

The subject of what values for what has been beaten to death here. I really suggest searching the forums and reading how others are pleased / not pleased with what values.

3. Larger-value capacitors will have lower cutoff frequency and sound darker when you roll back the tone because a wider range of frequencies are being reduced.
    Smaller-value capacitors will have a higher cutoff frequency and sound brighter when you roll back the tone because only the ultra-high frequencies are cut.

4. Thanks guys. Oh Zagnut, I tried the search for about 10 minutes, must not have had the right key word. Google is brilliant though, thanks.