Stock Strings on Ibanez Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IotaNet, Mar 16, 2006.

1. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

To the Group -

I played an Ibanez SR505 at GC last week and I fell in love with the strings on it!

They were obviously roundwounds but had virtually NO finger noise/zing at all. When I asked the salesman, he had no clue what brand of strings they were.

Anyone have any ideas?

I originally posted this in the strings forum but it got no traffic
  2. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I think they would be Elixirs - were they coated?

I know its a stupid question, but I think its what they put on at the factory.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Generally they are Elixirs.
  4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    +1 , Elixers on all of the new Ibanez basses. At least on the mid level on up, not sure about the bargain models.
  5. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Thanks fellas -

I had some some Internet searching and Elixirs seemed to be the answer but I really couldn't get anything definitive.

I appreciate the info! :)
  6. jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    I am pretty sure they are Elixirs also, but I must say, the strings that came on my older (04) Ibby (sr905) had horrible strings. So much noise nomatter what, I tried every setting possible with the EQ, nothing got rid of it. I just recently took them off and am awaiting my new set of chrome XL Flats
  7. d'addarios on the gsr
  8. phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Are you sure they are D'addarios? Cause on my GSR205, the strings are REALLY REALLY BAD. BAD as in rough and noisy. Too clanky.