1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stole this one on eBay =)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Hello everybody, I just bought this one eBay, for 950 dollars =) I was lucky because the SVT-2PRO and PR410 cost about 3000 (new, including tax). But this guy sold it for 950! Nobody but my dad bid because it is a pick-up only. Also, probably everyone's on vacation and not paying attention to eBay :D

Here's a picture
    [​IMG]

and a link to the eBay item
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ampeg-SVT-Pro-I...ryZ43372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is my first actual rig =) :hyper:

2. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Nice ! Congrats ,
    But veeeeeeeryyyyyyy heavy !?!

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Amazing! That is a stunning deal!

I've got to high five you here bud, I got a similar deal on my first rig, a Trace Elliot head a Trace Elliot 4x10 cab for £350! :D

4. Yeah, the head is 70 lbs, and cab is 128 :rollno: but hey, it plays well :D

Thanks! I'm really surprised that the guy's asking price started at 950 rather than 1500 or around.

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    And the seller only had 7 feed backs.
    And it was sold "as is".

You got a smokin deal!

6. biiiiitchin.

7. Just stopped playing it, it's unbelievable... Now all I need to do is take another 3 or 4 hours and tweek with the EQ and graphics and stuff. =)

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Congrats!

You gotta love Local Pickup Only auctions on stuff like that as it wipes out 99.9% of your bidding competition!

9. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

that is a KILLER deal! I was so close to buying a used SVT 2 Pro for about the same price. I think I missed it by like 2 hours.
    so then I got pissed off and bought a new one...

10. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

WHOA! as a fellow UK residant, I demand that you tell me where you got that deal :D

11. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    Anyone near Chicago should check out this guy's rig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260069122401&rd=1&rd=1

He had the whole kit and caboodle if the price went over $800 (later edited to over $900)... I'd bet he'd take $850 for it. I contacted him, but it wasn't worth the drive for me.

12. Great cab, I got one (in perfect condition used for 375!). You'll be extremely happy.

BTW I'm starting to feel like I talk about my amps way too much now:meh:

13. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Well, with a no reserve auction, he'll take $500 for it if only one person bids.

It's close to me (10 miles maybe) but I'm not the least bit interested...or so I have told myself...and I did say that I wasn't going to buy any gear this year...

14. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    $375 for a perfect Pro410HLF...dang!!!!

What fun would this forum be if we didn't talk about our gear all the time???

15. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ale
    Nice ! Congrats ,
    But veeeeeeeryyyyyyy heavy !?!

Yeah, the head is 70 lbs, and cab is 128 :rollno: but hey, it plays well :D

Geez... thats a LOT of steel and copper in that monster rig of yours. nice!

16. Nice ! I am 16 also, i still couldn't see any justification in me buying that kinda stuff though :( I'll keep to my lil' marshall practice amp ! That is an 'unreasonable' steal :D

17. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    I feel sorry for whoever is lifting it for you.

18. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Good grief! 198lbs... my back is aching just with the thought of lugging that lot round. I hope the tone makes you happy enough to consider the pain worth it. :)

Anything over 50lb these days and I lose interest.