1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stolen 1983 Guild Pilot

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by MrsLegume, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MrsLegume

MrsLegume

Nov 10, 2017
    Hello, first time poster here.

In the early months of this year, my apartment was broken into in SAINT JOSEPH, MISSOURI. Among the missing guitars was a seafoam green 1983 Giuld Pilot bass. I purchased it over almost three years ago on ebay.

While I no longer have serial number, it has some distinguishing features:
    -There is a significant chip in the paint on the tip of the horn (maybe almost dime-sized).
    -There is a place where the paint is brighter below the knobs where I assume a sticker prevented sun-fade.
    -I personally put a small sticker from a motorcycle museum on it, as well as a large one from Chicago's House of Blues.
    -Lastly, the back of the headstock had written on it in sharpie the uncensored version of the following: the only worthwhile thing you will ever f*** is yourself.

Obviously, the stickers and marker could easily be removed and it's a long-shot, but I thought maybe the kinda odd color and description would help if anyone ever sees my Thumper again.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Good luck, and welcome to Talkbass. I'm sorry it was such a sorry turn of events which brought you here, though.

Once again, good luck!