1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen Bass Alert

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by 48thStreetCustom, Apr 22, 2015.

1. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

"To whoever stole this one-of-a-kind Basic Ken Taylor from our Musikmesse booth: Good luck selling this bass! smile emoticon We are offering you to swap it for a less flashy instrument, so you might get away much better whenever you're going to pull it out in public. Also you forgot the gigbag, feel free to send us your address, so we can ship it after. Don't worry, we'll keep your private information confidential.

UPDATE: If you successfully help us to get it back in our hands, we'll reward you with 500€ and a special Sandberg gift package!

to everyone: PLEASE don't start hunting Patchwork owners! We built a good bunch of Patchwork basses in past, this is just the ONLY Basic Ken Taylor version. The serial number is 24323"

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Wow, that's going right after the jerks! :thumbsup:

3. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I feel your pain from experience.
    Good luck finding the a-hole :thumbsup:

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Wow! The positive is that the bastard that stole it better like playing alone in his basement. No way you are taking that out of the house!:roflmao:

Really not worth anything to the thief.

SteveCS likes this.
  5. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    For some reason I can't post the link to their Facebook post, but go to the Sandberg Facebook page for details.

6. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Bump. We need to keep this up on top so the members can see this.

Beautiful bass by the way.

7. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    Bumpity bumpity!
    Dude that's a beaut!

8. nurnay

nurnay

Aug 21, 2010
    Chico, CA
    Of all the basses to steal. What a moron. Hope karma kicks his ass.

bholder likes this.
  9. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    That is a stunning bass. Hope you guys get it back!

10. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    As in "amazing work of art" or "induces speechlessness and sometimes seizures"? Either way, I agree! Not for me, but...

And yeah, the thief is a (let's see, what will fly here now) stupid poopie-head.

11. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    I hope they get it back, but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever stole it plans on keeping it rather than selling it. I mean what pro thief would attend a musical product show with the express purpose of lifting instruments to sell? I'd bet whoever stole it is a musician with low morals that saw an opportunity and took it.

12. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I would totally rock that! Thieves are rarely rocket surgeons...hence the "I'll steal a unique bass". Maybe he'll take you up on your "offer" :D

13. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    Normally I don't go for this type of thing but this bass is sooooo well done.

14. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    They want to reward a thief with a free bass?!?

bungletrpg likes this.