1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stolen bass alert

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Nephilymbass, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. came across this on Facebook. Let’s all keep an eye out and see if we can get this bass back to it’s owner. His name is Matt “manshark” Bachand on FB and he’s in the band Act of defiance

Hey everyone, My bass has gone missing.... After the Act Of Defiance show on Saturday, March 24 2018 at Full Circle Brewing Co in Fresno, CA it was nowhere to be found and is presumed stolen. It is a Legator Helio 5-string. The finish is somewhat of a trans brown burst and is the one I am playing in this photo. If anyone has any information about this please e-mail info@manshark.net There will be no questions asked, nobody will get in trouble, I just want it back. Thanks!
    E55B82E7-25E1-428C-AB31-9AB67838CF49.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Damn. Sorry. Good luck.

3. somebrains

somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    Central Valley sucks.
    So much theft in every forum you could imagine.

4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I guess you pretty much have to keep your bass with you even if you go to the men's room, these days.
    I hope the bum who stole it gets exactly what he deserves.

Ghastly and lowplaces like this.
  5. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    It's a very depressed area of CA and has been for a long time (other than the citadel'd private exclusive communities) It's where your food comes from.

6. somebrains

somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    I'm Chinese, I have distant cousins in the Central Valley.
    It's how the flow of food moves, how people can make more money than reselling garbage from Sysco.
    I've also talked with my cousins and thought, gee.....you are hat in hand talking to the part of your family that carries badges for a living.

Obviously things have been bad enough in the past 100 years that a bunch of chinamen jumping in the back of a truck to go get that booty is not unusual bc a bunch of old men were talking over cigarettes after dinner.

I grew up with italian, russian, polish, mexican, salvadoran, venezuelan, etc etc etc "uncles" that had some agricultural based biz interests. Joke about where the mixed grill came from, but the business I was taught was one of trade based on reputation.

A man built his reputation bc he could produce, and he could be relied on.
    The community needs everyone to pull, to be who everyone thinks they are.
    There is no failing, or who your family starts to fail.

My uncle's Italian friend had this way of feeding then hunting the best pig, deer, elk.
    People are known for the best pot booze, strawberries, masa.
    The Russian speaking guys could fish, and their women could make things from the skins and pelts.
    They have been doing it a long time.
    Those women carry on a tradition, and the children benefit from the $ to this day.

The California I know is something far older and more universal than tech......and sometimes a friend of your grandfather comes calling and do what you have to do.

There is nothing else but being less, and that's unacceptable to me.

The Central Valley has receded bc not every oldest boy and girl believes what I do.

7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    Okay.

8. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I believe we are in agreement.

9. somebrains

somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    Yeah, lets go sit out by a trailer with a worn menu board somewhere and eat some tacos.
    Listen to people talk about where the good places to hunt and fish are.......

Then ask where the joto scum bags that steal stuff go and get the dude's bass back.

10. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA

11. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Too bad about having his bass stolen! Unfortunately, I know what that feels like. Fortunately, I was able to get mine back. I hope that Matt recovers his bass.

With regards to the negative comments about the Central Valley, have you lived in there before? I live in the Central Valley and it's no better or worse than a lot of other areas with regard to crime-which happens everywhere. Yeah, it sucks when you have a prized possession stolen from you, but that shouldn't be seen a curse on the whole area. I worked in law enforcement for over 26 years. Trust me, where ever you find people, you'll find crime.

SaxBass likes this.