1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stolen bass gear = replacement stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joelyb, Aug 3, 2007.

1. joelyb

joelyb

Feb 1, 2007
    sydney australia
    hey. my bass gear was stolen out of my car last night in sydney.so ineed to get some new stuff. i was playing an ampeg svt3pro and an ampeg BXT210M. i really liked the sound of this rig but i want your suggestions.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    We'll need a lot more to go on than that. There are literally thousands of combinations of amp/cab etc. out there. What's your budget (specify USD or AUD), what kind of music do you play, what kind of venues do you play in, do you have PA support, etc.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Sorry for your loss. BTW, this is so common that most instrument insurance policies exclude coverage on gear stolen from cars. Never leave gear in an unattended vehicle.

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Lost my wallet, watch, cell phone, an especially nice pbass deluxe, and some other gear a couple years ago out of my car while it was in my driveway. I got home at 5 am, by noon it was gone. Doors locked, sunroof open.

Cops refused to dist for prints.

Sorry for your loss.

Good luck with your new gear decisions.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah - sorry to hear your stuff got stolen man :meh:

if you don't have insurance look into Marsh - those guys are great and their policy covers nearly anything that could possibly go wrong

6. joelyb

joelyb

Feb 1, 2007
    sydney australia
    looking at a budget of about $5000Au. will be playing anything from funk to jazz to blues to rock. i get calls for all kinds of stuff. i like a quality sound, warm but responsive. any ideas?

7. Thunderfunk 550B + Bergantino HS410

8. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    :D