1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xxjazzbassist21, Mar 19, 2009.

1. A day or two ago i had my 1985 Ibanez Roadstar Series II (RB850) Stolen from my car. I need an estimate on how much it cost in 1985 and how much it would cost now so i make a claim on my insurance. Any thoughts are appreciated

2. olistorck

olistorck

Sep 16, 2007
    oviedo,spain
    Whichever is higher... that´s what you pay your insurance for every year. Good luck and I hope the twitt that broke into your car gets hit by a truck!! Than again, never leave your equipment in the car.

3. Swin

Swin

May 25, 2008
    Toronto
    Ibanez Freakazoid
    Nowadays the rb's go for around $200-$300 USD...which probably isn't far off the "new in 85" price either, maybe a hundred or two! this would be a comparable to today's SR 400 & 500 series.

4. That's terrible - I've been watching them on Ebay for the last several years to get an idea what they're worth being I have one (a black "84"), and they've sold for between $235 to $320 depending on the condition. Keep your eye on Ebay - I'm sure you'll see some.

I hope the "richard" head loses 10 fold! :mad:

You might email these guys, and see if they know what they originally cost > http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/index.htm

5. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    If I remember correctly, I paid $280 plus tax for mine in 1985. Years later I sold it
    for 2 hundred. I just recently found an RB 630 in a pawn shop for the same 2 bills.
    It is an awesome bass guitar. It's tough to beat the Japanese.

6. thanks i appreciate the help guys :)

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Might I suggest filling out your profile (location, anyway) so that other TBer's in your area can keep their eyes peeled for any suspicious hawking of your bass? It's a long shot, but you never know...

8. oh and if you could give me an idea of modern basses that are equivalent to my 85' roadstar that'd be awesome cuz i think my insurance will cover replacement costs

9. thakns i just joined i'll do that right away

10. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Thanks! :)

11. The Roadstar II RB850 has a powerful sound I think is unique to itself. Those dual humbuckers with coil split have a fantastic growl, and it's loud for a passive bass IMO.

You don't want to find another one maybe? There was a white one in near perfect condition a while back on Ebay. I almost bid on it, and should have - it looks good in white!

12. Swin

Swin

May 25, 2008
    Toronto
    Ibanez Freakazoid