stolen bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by streamer, Apr 4, 2001.

1. on sunday my warwick got stolen out of the trunk of my car, along with a bunch of other stuff when i was at san diego state visiting my friend. Anyways, i cant afford a new warwick so ive got a question for you guys, im looking at MTD K-5's, Spector NS2000/5Q, Fender Dlx Active Jazz bass, or saving a little more and getting a used corvette 5, what would you guys recommend
  2. OH MAN THAT SUCKS! Sorry to hear that! I'd save up and get a used Warwick Corvette 5.
  3. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Holy s**t... thats just... wrong.

I bet the guy who stole it doesnt know anything about basses and is gonna go pawn it off for a couple bucks. F**king people...
  4. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I hope like heck you were insured. IF so, many policies (including homeowners and renters IF you are nto a "professional musician) will reimburse you at replacement or list value. Then you can probably pop for that Warwick Corvette.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <a href=""><font color=blue>CLICK HERE</font></a> to go to Musicians Friend. They have a great deal on Czech made Spector NS-5's satrting @ $799.99. That is the best deal. They normally list for $1999.99 & sell for $1499.99. I got one & it replaced my USA NS-5 as mu main bass. You will not be disappointed!!!!!!
  6. Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    That's just plain evil. For what it's worth the MTD Kingston got a really great write-up recently in BassPlayer.
  7. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    You know thats exactly what it is. They'll get a 100 for it then some lucky bassist will come along and get a great deal on someone elses misfortune.

The world is CRAZY!!!
  8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    you could try going around to all the local pawn shops to look for your bass. If you find your bass try to find out who pawned it and nail the guy.
  9. Yeah really, that's just messed up and i'm truely sorry to hear about what happened. For what it's worth, I think you should check out the Czech spectors on MF like Nino was sayin.
  10. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    What model was your warwick?
  11. Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    Does Warwick have serial numbers? If your Warwick had a number and you know it, please post it here!
  12. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear that your bass was pinched. Man that really sucks. :( :( :( Here's hoping that someone finds that guy and brings him to justice.
  13. That really sucks, I bet the pawn shop is only gonna give him like $50 for it. (My friend works at a pawn shop and does the appraising for stuff). Your best bet is to tell the police the serial number, so if they guy trys to pawn it, the serial number will come up and they can get it back to you. I had a sax stolen once and they ran the serial number, someone tried to pawn it, the serial came up stolen and I got it back. Just a thought...
  14. yep, that sucks alright... probably some smack-head kids who sold it for $100 too... on the same lines some kids smashed 3 of my girlfriends car windows outside our house last night... it's such a bitch cause there's nothing you can do about it...

I insure my bass and rig to be stored in our practice room down Coldharbour Lane in Brixton... For those of you not in the UK, Brixton is a pretty dodgy area to say the least... anyway it costs me £50 per year in total to insure the whole lot for the value of up to £2500 (brand new bass, second hand rig) and that's for use all over the UK and to be left in an unattended vehicle. - I'ts musical instrument insurance designed specially for gigging, but not neccessarily pro musicians.

Also, my home contents insurance has a singel article limit of £1000 and accident and outside the home cover... so I'm pretty much covered everywhere.

My advice, get some insurance... if you go to a broker you'll probly get a better deal. Oh and take photos of all your gear, speeds up the claim in future.
  15. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    it's happened to most of us at some point. I had an ovation frettles, a swr workingmans 10, a sector 9 longboard, and about 50 precious bootleg tapes ripped off from my van last year all in one shot.
    the worst thing is, you can't do a damn thing about it, unless you're really lucky. I'm feelin it for ya.
    try, I got an incredible deal on my warwick from them.
  16. thanks to everyone who replied to my post. i appreciate it. It turns out that parents insurance is covering my losses and im gonna get back list price for my bass. So, ill be able to replace it with a good new bass. it still sucks but at least ill be able to get something back. Thanks again for everyone's replies and support
  17. Sascrotch

Feb 18, 2001
    Costa Mesa, CA
    God damn that sucks. Ill be sure to write down my serial number just in case. One time my paintball gun was stolen at a paintball feild like 30 miles from my house, 4 months later when i go back to play i decide to go look at a pawn shop near by and there it was and i bought it back for $50 after i told the guy it was junk and just wanted it for my kid. Id rather have payed the $50 then have a big ordeal with the police. anyways sucks your bass got jacked and good that your getting another one