Stolen Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Steve Killingsworth, Feb 13, 2005.

1. I would appreciate anyone in within a couple of hundred miles of west Tennessee keeping an eye out for a blonde Kay that was stolen from a friend of mine last week. I am not sure of the serial number but I will try to find out and post it.

That bass is in very good condition, has a maple top (I'm not sure if this was standard or not), a golf ball glued to the tip of the endpin, and a set of Obligato strings. The neck also has been repaired. I will also pass on any other identifying marks as soon as I can.

If anyone sees or hears about a bass matching this description, please let me know.
  2. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    how was it stolen?
  3. Someone broke into his house. They took the bass and his new mandolin.
  4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Any other identifying marks will help me keep an eye out for it during festivals, Steve. I see a bunch of these things during the Spring-Summer-Fall festival season in the Southeast.
  5. A couple of additional items. It is a 1951 model (I don't have the serial number). The neck repair was done with a screw and there is a 1" plug in the fingerboard above the heel. The plug is very noticeable.

Here is a description of his mandolin:

Sullivan F-5 mandolin, no. 12 in series, name on headstock is
    "Lori," eagle inlay, Sullivan label inside.
  6. Bunmmer about the stolen instruments.

Is that a Sullivan mandolin from the maker in Portland, OR? If so it's worth quite a bit more than the bass, I'd guess.

He should post a note about it on They have a lost/stolen section of the classifieds there.