1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stolen bass

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Korladis, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

A friend who plays guitar in my folk/rock band also plays bass. On friday night his car was broken into and his Spector five string was stolen. Any info that might lead to its recovery would be great.

Model: Spector Legend Classic 5
    Finish: Amberburst (Discontinued Color)
    Bag: Warwick Rockbag
    Notes: Installed with Dunlop Straplocks. A very nice leather strap with three locks insalled on it should be in the bag along with cables and a BOSS TU-2 pedal.
    Serial Number: 0212715

[​IMG]

2. That sucks. Good luck and a bump to keep this up there.

3. Korladis

Thanks. Me and some other friends of his are trying to spread the word.

4. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Somebody started a thread about finding one of these in their attic about a week ago.
    Maybe he'd be willing to sell it to your friend for a decent price.

In any case, this sucks- it's why I never load my equipment in the car until I'm ready to leave- and if I have loaded my equipment in the car, I'm leaving...no matter who asks me to stick around.

5. Sorry to hear beautiful bass hope he gets it back lesson learn never leave your gear in a car unless you are in it take it with you! I never leave anything in a car over night and even if I get to a show early I stay in the car or take my gear inside.

6. Korladis

Yeah, when we were talking about it he basically was "I can't believe I just left it in the car. Figures."

7. Auspex

Auspex

Jan 30, 2013
    Boise, Idaho
    Get this out to the Cops ASAP. Most pawn shops have a "hold in case stolen" policy before they can resell any gear. They definitely will search the serial # against anything thats been reported stolen.

8. Korladis

I'm pretty sure he's contacted the police. Then again, it may have been stolen in Oakland, in which case that wouldn't really help.

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    It wasn't too long ago that one of the guitar mags had a bit about how instruments have a tendency to disappear out of people's cars.

Don't leave your gear in a car

10. Korladis

I generally don't. Neither does this dude, usually. Obviously he knows not to, ever, now.

11. ^ Good point. In Florida the law states that all used gear must be held for 15 days before selling, license of the seller must be copied and kept on file and pictures, serial numbers and other details must be logged on a used dealers website that police have access to. may not be as extensive but you've got at least a little time to hopefully find it in a pawn shop.

12. Korladis

Just heard back from him that the car was parked in east Oakland when the bass was stolen. I'm sure he's contacted the police by now, but given where it was, that's not really going to do anything.