1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen BB3000S (JK, but they did get a deal)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ndabunka, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ndabunka

ndabunka

Oct 8, 2010
    I was trying to bid on this bass which was at $305.00 with less than 5 minutes left to go. I had a bid in for $501 but I guess I missed the timing because someone else snagged it for $450 at the auction end. I am new to buying basses but thought that this was a SLAMMING deal for that bass. Was just wondering if someone on here was the lucky buyer...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120635074982&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2. CajunCanuck

CajunCanuck

Oct 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    5 minutes?.....the damn thing went up in the last 10 seconds....lol.........and no, I wasn't successful in the bidding (on that one).......

3. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I was following that auction but did not bid. It was a steal, for sure.

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    there's a sweet program that can "snipe" a last second Ebay bid for you right before the auction goes up...it's pretty cool...

5. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Nice bass, I've never played one but always liked Michael Anthony's sound on his Yamahas.

6. ndabunka

ndabunka

Oct 8, 2010
    Those sniping programs can only step up incrementally (pennies or dollars at a time) and therefore would not have worked with this auction the price on this auction went up in $50 chunks in the last 10 seconds. That is one of the reasons many still do it the "old fashion" way of manually sniping the bids. I had it lined up, but just missed. My fault. I will keep looking.