1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STOLEN: Blue SX Jazz Bass "basses for newbies #9"

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by chunger, Nov 25, 2019.

1. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939
    Hello,

I posted a mega-thread here on Talkbass quite a few years back archiving a series of basses I budget basses I built for bass students called "basses for newbies".

My home was broken into while I was away for the weekend and one of the items stolen was the 9th bass built in that thread and is my main bass. It is a lake placid blue SX Jazz bass. It has a maple fretboard and a black graphtech nut. Photos show the distinctive shielding and wiring configuration. It has a Babicz FCH-4 bridge and brass threaded inserts and machine screws on the neck. There is also a white business card shim as pictured in the neck pocket.

This was stolen from the San Francisco Bay Area. . . east Bay near Berkeley.

The pickups are extremely unique custom "short coil" Nordstrand pickups. The coil stack is short like a P-bass. I will include photos in this post.

p974741282-5.jpg

p635130085-6.jpg

p1045799308-6.jpg

p610789076-5.jpg

p716324068-6.jpg

p950902356-6.jpg

p365527318-6.jpg
    p776970158-6.jpg

chupacerveza likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021