1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Stolen Clarus and D-TAR!!

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Joe Kyle Jr., Jun 28, 2005.

1. Joe Kyle Jr.

Joe Kyle Jr. Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    My Acoustic Image Clarus I and D-TAR Solstice and D-TAR Equinox were all stolen from me last week (6/17) in San Francisco, CA. If anybody notices a suspicious seller of such items please give me a call at 415.298.7990. Thanks.
  2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    A) Sorry for the loss of gear. That sucks.

B) I'll keep my eyes peeled all the way from the east coast

C) Hot Damn! Nice Avatar! I play in a Beefheart trib band and we do a fair amount of stuff from Trout Mask. Nice to see a little Beefheart bling on the boards :bassist:
  3. Joe Kyle Jr.

May 13, 2003
    Hey Pete! Saddest of sad irony is that all this gear was to be insured on a policy which was to take effect a week after the incident. Oh well, some f***in' crackhead got a couple bags of obscure gear they probably couldn't unload anyway.

Say, did I mention that my girlfriend Jennifer is Chillemi's cousin?!
    Next time we travel together back to CT I'll come hear youse guys play.
  4. Brennan

Sep 29, 2004
    San Francisco
    Smash and grab from your car, right? SF is known for that. Good luck, Geoff
  5. Joe Kyle Jr.

May 13, 2003
    Yes indeed...in broad daylight in front of my apartment, no less, while I was making several trips to/from the car getting ready for a gig at the Fillmore. Had to miss soundcheck while I was filling out a report at Northern Station.
  6. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Sorry to hear about that. Did you announce it on craiglist at all?

What neighborhood are you in? I'm surprised you got nailed while you were moving stuff in and out. That's the first I've ever heard of that. Usually someone makes the mistake of leaving a backpack or bag in the backseat overnight.

Personally, I'm a hawk with all my gear and don't trust anyone at all, not even for a second. I usually hit the car alarm even if I leave the car for a brief moment. The car alarm doesn't stop them but it helps to have some sort of discouragement. I usually keep everything hidden or covered under a blanket if it does stay in my car. Seems to work as I've never had a break-in.

Anyways, good luck with the recovery. I've seen other people leave notes at bulletin boards at Guitar Center and other places like Blue Bear or the Jazzschool. I don't know if it's worth it, but just an idea. Also, I'll try to pass it on to my bass teacher and some of my other musician friends.