Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen EA VL208 - can everyone in the UK look out for me please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bruce Lindfield, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have had my EA VL 208 cabinet stolen from the back of my car and would appreciate it if everyone could look out for any "used" cabinets like this up for sale in the UK.

These are quite rare in the UK and are only sold by Overwater in Carlisle and the Gallery in London. They are black with the letters EA in red on the front. The serial number of mine is V29089a.

Pleas help if you can, as I won't be able to afford to buy another one and my insurance didn't cover theft from an "unattended car"! :(

Here is a link to the EA page on this cab :

http://www.euphonicaudio.com/Speaker_Cabinets/VL-208/vl-208.html

2. I feel for you Bruce.
    It’s happened to me in the past.
    I scan most of the small ads a few times a week and will an eye out for you.

3. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Sorry about your luck, Bruce. Hope you get it back.

I personally have a fool-proof theft-protection system for the stuff riding in my van - I left the Peavey and Carvin logos on. ;)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've been looking for an excuse to get back over to GB. I'm comin' over, and I'm gonna kick some butt. See you soon. Man, this torques my jaws.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Thanks for the support guys - It's so annoying because I know I could have avoided this. I suspect that somebody must have been watching me, but you can bet I will never leave anything in my car again!

6. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I've suscribed to this thread and will keep a look out. I often look out for s/h gear (sad) and have never seen EU stuff for sale. I suggest you go check out local bands with some BIG mates.

Let us know the outcome of this one.

Take care

7. I'm intrigued by the theft of a bass cab- I thought it unlikely that someone would steal one- I've often left the car boot unlocked with my cab in it (parcel shelf covering it) while loading/unloading gear (I think the size and weight of a Trace 4x10 would put someone off trying to take it), but never the amp head with the boot unlocked, and certainly never any basses in an unattended car.

will keep an eye out for the EA.

8. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Sorry to hear about that, Bruce. I doubt it'd find it's way this far north, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

9. Mudd

Mudd

Apr 26, 2000
    Portland, OR
    What can I say, other than that sucks!

I sent an email to admin@talkbass with the following:

In light of Mr. Lindfield's misfortune, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16796, I thought it might be a good idea for TalkBass to include a stolen gear forum. Bruce had the great idea of posting his alert for stolen gear in the Amps forum, but I fear that it may get buried after a few days. With a dedicated "stolen gear" forum, these items may not get buried or "lost."

Just a thought, seemed like a good idea.

Cheers,
    Andrew Martin
    a.k.a. Mudd

10. Bruce Lindfield

Needless to say I thought the same before, but in future, I won't assume anything! I was talking to a Policewoman yesterday and said something similar but she mentioned that they had had a two-storey set of ladders that were incredibly heavy, stolen from their yard! :D

I think a "stolen gear" forum or designated area wold indeed be a good idea - I can't think of any reason why not? Thanks for doing this Mudd.

11. So sorry to hear that Bruce, I keep my fingers crossed you get it back.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Thanks Marty - I'm still hoping, but it looks like I'm going to have to replace it - as we have gigs next week. But if I do get the stolen one back I will have two EA cabs as my rig - which would be nice! ;)
    I'm going to get a new Cab on interest-free credit - not sure I can really afford it, but no choice really- I haven't found any other cabs that fit the bill in terms of portability, power and tone. But you can be sure that I won't let this one out of my sight!

13. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Very sorry to learn of your loss Bruce. Might I suggest contacting the Bass Centre, The Gallery, and some of the other major London music stores - it's possible that someone might try to offload the cab to a shop for cash. I know that in the past, the Bass Centre have managed to set up "dummy deals" to trick crooks into handing stolen gear over.

Take care,

David