Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen from Oshawa Ont.... Fender J and Ibanez

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Subculture13, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Ibanez Ergodyne in Jewel Blue. The original style without the extra molded contour parts for slap. Autographed in silver pen by Juliana Hatfield

Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe V - Body well worn down (well sanded down to have a relic look) Bartolini pickups

Both are not worth a whole lot on terms of resale value but have immense personal meaning to me. I just want them back. More was stolen from my home at the same time (DVD's, DVD Player, Cd's, etc) if anyone knows where my basses are I won't ask questions, I just want my 2 basses back.

Pictures available upon request

2. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Sadly, no. But there is so many unique characteristics about both of them that it won't be neccessary.

The Serial Number on the Ibanez is a sticker anyway, so I never bothered writing it down, ut could jsut be peeled off. I just slipped withthe Fender and never logged it when I bought it.

I have a few photos of the Fender, in its completed state with the "worn" paint job. I'll downsize them to fit in here in a few hours, (just got in to the office and have some emails to take care of). When you see it you will see what I mean about it being unique, its beyond a worn paint job, a good chunk of it has no paint. It also had a bright orange strap with the words "Department Of Corrections" on it attached with a straplock.

The Ibanez had a black Dimarzio strap with a small Suicidal Tendiencies pin on it and both were in padded gig bags. The Fender in a bag that the brand is "Profile" and the bag itself is a one-off prototype from the company, so it too is unique.

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    check the pawn shops and songbird music on queen, usually a dumby steals and tries to paythe rent/ bye crack with it as soon as possible

4. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I'll watch for it at Songbird in Ottawa, an in the local musician classifieds.

5. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. I haven't given up hope, but at the same time am not optimistic after all this time.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Hey Sub, don't know why I missed this before...I'm assuming you ran this by the local L&M Store as well?

7. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    you could also put the word out with bartenders at clubs.
    lots of pricks playing at the 360 on queen [if it's still there]
    [i played there a lot]