Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen Gear #2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, well, yesterday morning, at roughly 8:30 AM EST, a person broke into the studio where my band is recording. No one was there to see it, but there is evidence that it was a former or current client. I was just hoping that people in the PA/MD/NJ etc. states could keep a watch out for the gear listed at the end of this page. Right now I wont have serial #'s, but I will by tomorrow. We went to the police and they are undergoing a full investigation into it, but as these things go, I doubt they will find any of it. So, I'm hoping that people here can help. Here's a partial list of what's gone (though I've been up for 36 hours now, so excuse all things wrong)
    1) Peavey Koa RSB, four string, natural Koa wood, solid Koa body. Any other info I will supply when requested (BUT I WILL BE POSTING A SERIAL NUMBER TOMORROW)
    2) Ibanez RG270 (I think!) guitar. Black, nothing fancy here. Just some sentimental values. Serial number will also be coming tomorrow.
    3) Recording gear. Ok, I don't know much about it, so I'll have to get back to you guys on this part (when I get ahold of Joe).
    4) FX. Marshall Guv'nor, EB Cry Baby Wah and Volmume pedals, DOD envelope filter. I don't really expect to see any of this again, but hey, might as well give it a shot.

Any info will be greatly apprecited and if at all possible awarded? I dunno, I'd definitly pay to get the PV bass back, but that's about it. Please contact me through AIM or via E-mail (please, no PMs). My address is: rjsalamon@hotmail.com. THANKS!
    Ray

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Bump for Ray. We've got a decent number of members around the PA/MD area, so maybe someone can help out.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    YAY! Today, when I got home from school, there was a message on my machine...I played it. They caught the guy who stole alllll the gear. They found most of it, and are currently getting the rest from the people he sold it to. He's getting some serious charges against him, breaking & entering, possesion of stolen goods, selling of stolen goods, and the list went on. They found him when the local music shop said someone had come in and tried to sell them alot of gear for pretty cheap (I've gone around and told all the ones here what happened, so they could be on the lookout). Anywho, they got the guys name, and a search warrent, and found like I said, almost everything at his house. All three of my babies are returned, no scars, all the recording gear will be back. So, I thank EVERYONE here for their help! Now it's time to rock on (after I actully get my gear -- need it for evidence in court :()
    THANKS!
    Ray

4. Ok,ok...I am sorry,it was me...how about a 2 dollar settlement in court? PWEASE!

-Jon:oops:

P.S- of course,I am kidding...ray is one of my good friends,and I'd never steal any gear of his...well,unless its...sike;)

5. damn man, i was a bit worried reading your first thread, good to hear you got everything back !!

hooray!:cool: :D