Stolen gear forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by ThunderPig, Apr 11, 2003.

1. ThunderPig

ThunderPig Guest

Dec 15, 2002
    Oakland California
    A while back I posted an idea for a forum dedicated to the recovery of our stolen gear. There seemed to be a fair amount of interest in this idea from many of our members. I wonder what if anything became of this idea. What I had in mind was a forum where we could post information on our stolen gear and any member who was considering a piece of used gear could check this forum to first make sure it didn't belong to any of our members. I think this would be a great way for us to help ourselves with the problem of stolen gear. Police and pawn shops are no help at all. In fact, I know of three people that had to buy their own gear back at full posted value from pawn shops or music stores. Our members are exposed to tons of used gear deals every day and it wouldn't take much of an effort to first check our hotlist before buying anything. Even if you do not get your long lost bass or amp back, you just might help a member get his, and you could feel good about that. So, I ask again, could we get something like this going? Every day, another member is ripped off and we could all be helping him or her get their gear back. Thank you for taking the time to consider this idea, -Thunder Pig. (e-mail comments, if you like
  2. I'd like to see this also... my son just had his guitar stolen from school and we won't be able to replace it $$$$.
  3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Let's give this a shot - I've set up a "Lost and Stolen Gear" forum as a classifieds sub-forum. I think it's a good suggestion - thank you for your persistance, ThunderPig :)