1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen GK MBF800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 2milehighspike, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Gotta love these small class d amps, till,someone walks off with it in a packed bar between sets. Of course nobody noticed. Good thing I had my trusty MB800 in the van. Word to the wise, figure out a way to tie it down to the cab. Nothing worse than a thief and a liar!

svtb15 likes this.
  2. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.
    I've tried to make this point several times here on TB. Most of the time, people say, "I always watch my gear it never leaves my sight".

I hope you get it back. Keep close watch on CL, eBay, reverb and those places.

Matthew_84 likes this.
  3. That sucks man.

You may want to fill out your location so TB'ers nearby can keep an eye out.

quickfix likes this.
  4. I'm in Colorado, it was stolen from a bar in Cheyenne wy, the cops have the serial number. I'm not optimistic for a return. The place was packed and nobody noticed anything, even me. The dirt bag that took it already flipped it for some meth.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Matthew_84 likes this.
  5. Tough break. Those little GK guard bars would take a wire cable and padlock through the whole shebang and cab handle without looking too tacky.

6. Yea, the funny thing is, about a week ago or so, I was thinking that very thing. Maybe a premonition or something. It was a snatch and run and a small cable like that may have prevented this.The sound tech felt really bad and he has offered to give me a spare Crown pa amp, so I may look for a pre and a 4u rack and go big. That may not prevent it from happening again, but at least the P O S won,t be able to slide it under his coat.

7. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Wow, thanks for the heads up :wideyed: but I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances, and really hope not only you get it back (however unlikely), but also that the thief somehow learns a hard lesson in the near future about the ramifications of acting like a complete loser (likely WILL happen, eventually :rage: ) What a jerk!

8. that will work.

9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

sorry to hear: i've never had anything stolen while actually on the gig (just lucky...knock on wood!) but you were smart to have the backup! good luck! :thumbsup: