Stolen Kubicki & Fender Jazz '62 RI Windsor/Detroit area

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by relayer, Nov 14, 2005.

1. relayer

Nov 14, 2005
    Hi all,

In the interest of doing as much as I can, I'm posting this here (as well as other places). On Nov 3/05, my house was broken into while I was at work. Among other things, 2 of my basses were stolen. Sadly, I have no pictures, but they are standard examples and I have serial numbers. They are:

1989 Kubicki Ex-Factor (black) s/n 18641189 w/black HSC
    2000 Fender Jazz '62 RI (sunburst) s/n V124302 w/brown tolex HSC

The Kubicki will not have the owner's manual, as I have that here. The Jazz will be missing it's case candy as well (P/U covers, manuals etc) as these are with me as well. The Jazz is pretty much mint, and the Kubicki has some black touchup paint from some minor body dings - believe it or not, it was actually stolen once before, about 8-9 years ago and retrieved.

These basses were stolen from Windsor Ontario, which is right across the river from Detroit Michigan.

In the event that these cross anyone's path (or any info), I would greatly appreciate a head's up.

Thanks in advance,

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I'll keep an eye out in London. I'll email the details to the London music stores.

3. relayer

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks Steve, I appreciate that. And that's something I hadn't even thought of (emailing) - maybe I'll try to contact some of those from here to Chatham, etc.
  4. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

I'll keep my eyes open in Toronto. I don't get down to the music stores much anymore, but I'll do what I can.

I would recommend sending an email to Steve's, Long & McQuade, Songbird, 12th Fret, and Capsule Guitars.
  5. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Dude, that sucks.
    I would fly a call into Low Down Sound in Ferndale-an all bass store (just outside of Detroit in case you didn't know).
    I was just in there last night and didn't notice anything fitting those discriptions, but they get stuff coming thru there all the time.
    They are also real good about keeping a list in the office of stolen gear and make good use of it when stuff comes in.

I would either e-mail them through their web site, fax them and/or fly a call into them.
  6. relayer

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks for the replies and info guys, I'll give that a try. I'm thinking this weekend (that's when I'll have some time) I'll try searching for some Metro Detroit pawn shop listings, etc. in order to contact as many places as I can.
    As for the Toronto area, I didn't even think of it, but my brother lives up there - maybe he can help me out there as well.
  7. Kubicki Fan

Kubicki Fan Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Did you ever get that bass back?