1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stolen Moollon P Bass and Noble DI: REWARD!!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Brad L Cannata, Feb 22, 2019.

1. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

There’s a special place in hell for people who steal from musicians..

I hope you get your gear back. There are a few popular Facebook Bass related pages you might want to join and post.

Oly Spart likes this.
  2. I’d visit or phone the pawnshops within a 50-100 mile radius if possible if I were you.

3. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I'll keep an eye out here in the Orlando area... I love shell pink Fender style basses and scour the local used market regularly, so if it's around, I will pick up its scent and go into frenzy mode, followed by immediately-getting-in-touch-with-you mode

4. Sub-hoo-fer

Sub-hoo-fer

Nov 27, 2015
    Virginia
    Grand theft!

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

5. 123321

123321 Bravely eating @ MacDonald's Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    You may look into the Pawnbroker's Association for maybe some help as far as getting it listed there as stolen?

A guy I used to work for had a bad experience and used this association for some help...

One (of many) significant negative aspects of this is- that is some "pricey" stuff! Someone may take that for many miles away to "fence" it... Not good but posting it here is a good thing!!

Having worked for several years in the pawn industry (this is just one way out of many to sell things), it is not super efficient in documenting items brought in. Yes, each day we would submit a police report of items pawned or purchased. If someone were to remove the serial on that bass and the name- the report would say: electric bass and possibly say it was pink (if it were to be purchased by a former co-worker of mine, having the serial intact, the serial number would almost certainly be entered in incorrectly)... It is pretty dismal. In addition, the report stays local. If it were sold to a pawn shop out of a given region, the odds drop drastically for its recovery. I dearly hope you get your stuff back!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  6. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Three things I can't stand... liars, junkies, and a friggin' thief!! :spit::spit::spit:
    I'm just North of you by a couple of hours...
    I'll keep my eyes and ears open

123321 likes this.
  7. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Grrrrr...I hate thieves!

8. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Hate seeing stuff like this, can't believe people sometimes. I hope you are able to get your bass and gear back soon. I have a Shell Pink Moollon P almost exactly like that on order due in a few months... I'll keep my eye out!

9. Brad L Cannata

Brad L Cannata

Feb 22, 2019
    My initials are also inside the neck, so there's no chance of not knowing if it's mine, but I'll give that a try! Thanks!

123321 likes this.
  10. nbsipics

nbsipics It's the Bass that makes them Dance Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    That truly sucks. I hope you get your gear back man.

11. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    Street cameras are probably under city public works or dept. of transportation. It'll take some calls and legwork, but it's worth a shot.

Sorry to hear that, good luck.

123321 likes this.
  12. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    Dammit that just sucks... nice-looking pair, too. Definitely make a police report, but don't expect them recover it... hate to be the bringer of bad news, but stolen articles like that are rarely recovered by the police. So if you hope to recover, you need to make it your own crusade.

Get the word out on Facebook & Twitter, watch Craigslist, eBay & Reverb, and notify the studios, pawn shops, and used music instrument dealers in the area.

I do hope you find it soon!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    123321 likes this.
  13. NOT COOL!! Hope you you get em back Buddy....