1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

STOLEN!!! MTD KINGSTON ZX LTD #31!!!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by RevGroove, Jul 2, 2010.

1. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I had my axe into a local music store in Burlington, ON (Canada) to get some minor finish repairs done, and they were a victim of a B&E earlier this week. While insurance is covering...there's really no replacing that bass. :bawl:

I'd appreciate anyone keeping an eye out for it...MTD Kingston ZX LTD #31, SERIAL#:07100177, translucent black finish, updated to run on 18v, US style rubber knobs, with the silver MTD Badge on the headstock.

Also please keep an eye out for an EBMM SUB bass (4 string, matte black finish) that was stolen at the same time sans preamp...it'll be needing a repair, or they may try to dump it as is...thanks guys!

2. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Here's some pics...

Attached Files:

3. I dig through ebay regularly and will keep my eyes open.

4. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Thanks, appreciate it! Also stolen were a Stagg Les Paul and Strat copy each...all were black, matte, or goth finish...other instruments were left untouched...weird...

5. SonicForge

SonicForge

Mar 9, 2009
    That really sucks man. I hope you get that MTD back.

Now for some synchronicity. I only ran into this post searching for info on the KZX; since I'm posting mine on Craigslist (#18). I hate thieves, so I'm going to hold on posting till next week (hopefully they're stupid enough to Ebay or CL it)

6. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    That's what we're hoping!

Differences from stock LTDs:

Rubber MTD knobs

Wired for 18v (2 batteries in series)

Also, if there's a missing truss rod cover, good chance that's it! (autographed and numbered by Mike as you already know!

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Good luck, and wishing you to get it back soon ! Don't forget to visit all pawn shops in your district !

8. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Done, and revisiting...it's also on the pawn report with two local police departments and with all the local music stores in case any of the items turn up there for inventory purchase or repair...any other suggestions appreciated...I don't want the insurance money, I want that axe back, intact! :(

9. fintanbk

fintanbk

Jan 20, 2010
    Co-Founder, dbTwang.com
    We have put details up on our blog for you: http://blog.dbtwang.com/stolen-guitar-round-up-tuesday-13th-july-2010/

Also check out a number of alert services listed here: http://blog.dbtwang.com/lost-and-stolen-guitars-resources-list/ , might be of use to you.

Finally if you set up an account (free) with us you can record approx 70 fields of information and 9 photos for your other guitars. In a couple of weeks time we will be upgrading the service to include distinguishing features field and up to 25 high res photos.

Good luck :-(

fintan

10. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Will do, thank you!

11. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Still no luck...keeping my eye out though!!!
    :crying:

12. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    3 month bump...still searching!

13. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Wow, just checking TB out again after awhile...still searching for this special axe, almost 7 years later...

14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Dang, I was really hoping the 7-year-bump was for good news.

Best of luck with your hunt boss.