1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

**Stolen Sadowsky 24F**

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Stox, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Hi Guys,
    I'm very sad to report that my Sadowsky NYC 24F/5 was stolen in the early hours of this morning whilst loading up after a gig at the Bier Keller, Coppid Beech Hotel, Bracknell, Berkshire in the UK. The bass is quite distinctive -spalted Maple on a '59 burst, Ebony fretboard, black headstock, serial number 4424. I know most of our friends in the USA are unlikely to see this the other side of the Atlantic but to any Tb'ers UK in particular, I'd be grateful if you could keep your eyed and ears peeled. EBAy etc. Needless to say I am totally gutted at this sad event. Thanks for reading this. I attach pictures which might be of help.

Cheers
    Paul
    DSCN0299.
    DSCN0295.
    DSCN0292.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats horrible :( Be sure to post this in the stolen gear forum as well.

best of luck.

3. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    from a fellow paul, i feel your pain. i'll keep my eyes open on eBay. hope its found! :rollno:

4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Paul,

I am very sorry to hear of this. We will indicate in our serial number log that this bass was stolen. Please email me your contact info so we can reach you if necessary.

Roger Sadowsky

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    That´s so sad man, hope you find it soon.

6. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    That's the most beautiful Sadowsky I've ever seen.. I really hope you get it back.

7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Rest assured, the culprit will burn in Hell for that act when it's all said and done.

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    +10 to Roger Sadowsky for posting a prompt response, and taking the extra time and effort to keep track of his basses for such reasons. Definitely a big benefit to the Bass/guitar playing community.

(...now if he'd just make a fanned fret bass... ;) ...)

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That sucks, man!:rollno: I hope you get it back soon.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    This absolutely infuriates me, even tho I'm thousands of miles away and it's not my bass. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My most sincere wishes for a speedy reunion!!!!

11. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

Well, hopefully the long arms of TB will catch this guy trying to sell the bass somewhere. I'm sorry to hear about this. In a way I would think that because this bass is so unique it make recovering it more likely.

12. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Man! :( Hope you get your Sadowsky back.

Marshall

13. stringsmith

stringsmith

Apr 7, 2005
    Dude., until your bass is found I will look at every Spalted Sadowski with an investigators eye. That is horrible! Im sure the person that took in didnt even know what they took. Thats not a everyday instrument which makes it a lot easier to identify. Keep your head up.

14. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    that is awful man!

that kind of thing would really make me cry :bawl:

i will keep my eyes open

Dave

15. aftershock

aftershock

Apr 26, 2005
    :spit: to those who just think they can take what someone else has spent their hard-earned money on. This kind of stuff really ticks me off!

Dude, I am so sorry. I sure pray that you get it back. Good luck and God bless.

:spit: Man, people like that make me sooo mad!

16. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    I'll bump this one up again.
    Man, sorry to hear about this.
    :(

17. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    That is a really crap thing to have happen.

Hopefully you will recover it soon. In the meantime, I am prerrty sure that the other TBers along with myself will keep a lookout for it should anyone think they could get away with selling it on E-Bay.

Again, sorry to hear that

18. what a beautiful bass

must be hard on you to lose such a great instrument

ill keep my eyes open

19. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    The guitar player in one of the bands I play with had his guitar stolen from a show in Boston this past summer. Through the power of the internet, we got it back two days later, unharmed. I wish you the same luck we had on the safe return of your bass. Post this info everywhere you can, and we'll all keep an eye out for it.
    Best of luck, and let's find this bass.

20. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I'm on it! I cruise almost all the possible places on the net that this bass could be sold! I'll let you know if I see it...
    ....my condolences...