Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen Sadowsky!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacove, Jan 7, 2004.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi,

during a break-in in my apartment here in Aalborg, Denmark just before christmas I lost most of my gear including my most precious bass, an ultra-vintage Sadowsky j-bass. It is olympic white w. matching headstock and carries the serial number 3795, just in case anyone out there stumble across this bass, please let me know....thanks Jacob

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Im sorry to hear that. :(
    I alway check music adverts in Sweden. I´ll keep my eyes up for it here.
    Hope you´ll get it back.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry to hear that....I hope you get your stuff back!

Might be an idea to keep your eye on ebay and other auction sites too!

4. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    surt :( hold øje med den blå avis og soundcheck.
    håber du finder den igen!

5. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Ouch! Maaan, that's ugly.:mad:
    I hope you get your Sadowsky back as soon as posible.

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Jacob

have you started a thread in the stolen gear section of TB?

7. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Bummer man.

You should also let Roger Sadowsky know. Chances are pretty good Nino will see this and alert everyone before you do.

I would think Sadowsky's are pretty rare in Denmark, and throughout Europe/Scandanavia...no? I'd start emailing and calling all the major high end bass outlets you can think of, or others can suggest.

Best of luck to you.

8. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    they are very rare around here. i've only a few times seen used ones for sale, and at us-list prices.

9. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Thanks for all of your replys,

and yes, Roger has been informed and would let me know if it somehow got to him...by the way he is allready working on a new one...I just cannot see myself without a Sadowsky...

10. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    That's the spirit! :cool:

11. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    check pawn shops too - i'm betting that a petty thief out to take somebody's stuff wouldn't necessarily know the name Sadowsky, and so may dismiss it as knockoff junk because it doesn't say Fender on it. So instead of a high-end bass shop he ditches it to a pawnbroker for 50 freakin' euro.

good luck, man.

12. im sorry to hear that. I'm always on Ebay so if i find it ill be sure to tell you right away. By the way, is this bass that roger is doing for you now for free or giving you a price break because of what happened or are you paying full price?

13. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Well, it is totally my loss and not Roger's, so I'm paying full price for the new one. Roger has shown great understanding and care everytime I've had a problem or question so I feel like it's me who owe him...