1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stolen Streamer Stage II fretless 5 string!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crustychef, Jan 5, 2012.

1. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Putting out an APB on a stolen Streamer Stage II fretless 5 string. Serial Number is
    B-082202-01.

Any one sees anything let me know please.
    Last seen in the Seattle area.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Don't tell me this is one of yours... one that you brought to the GTG last year? I'll be keeping my eye out here on the south side. I have a couple of friends on the north and east sides too (Marysville, Woodinville, Bothell and Bellevue) that I'll let know. Do you have any pics of it you can share, or PM me?
    Sorry to hear about this :(.

3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'm living in West Seattle, and gig all over the area. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Pics would be very helpful.

4. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Yep it's the one I bought from Bennett.

62d82f16.
    d5acc251.
    6b578327.

5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Taken from a club? What area?

6. sammyp

sammyp

Aug 20, 2010
    NB, Canada
    man that sux! i'm in canada so i doubt i'll be of any help! my heart is out to you!

7. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    That blows...f'n sticky fingered bastards. Hopefully it turns up at a pawn shop and you're able to recover it.

They changed the laws here in Maryland about 6 months ago, where any business that buys used gear (pawn shops, music stores -including GC) must get a photo ID, and the store must keep it on hand for 30 days before they're able to sell it.

8. Flaky Tuna

Flaky Tuna

Aug 15, 2009
    Crusty, I pray something substantially good happens fory you. Thats a devastating loss.

9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Any really distinguishable markings on the bass besides its SN?

10. What a heartbreaker, it's a beauty! :atoz:

11. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Thanks for posting the pics - I'll be looking too.

12. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Doubt it'll show up in my neck of the woods, but good luck I hope you find it and the jerk that took it.

13. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    I'm on the lookout in NYC. GL to you, I hope you find it.

14. I'll keep an eye out in the Spokane/CDA area. I'm on the Craigslist here pretty often, and playing gigs fairly regularly, and that's unique enough that it would stand out around here. Any chance you have renters insurance? I know ours covers all of our personal property and pays replacement cost (not just the depreciated value) regardless of where the item is (your house/apartment, car, club, etc.). I know it sucks to lose an instrument, but at least you would get some cash to replace it (if not with the exact same model, at least something similar). Best of luck to you!

15. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    No insurance will help. This is a case of my stupidity and the USPS being incompetent knit wits. I had shipped it for a partial trade plus some cash to me. I've shipped quite few basses by now and for some dumb reason during the holiday rush I didn't insure it like I always do. I got tracking but conveniently the USPS story is that it just wasn't scanned at the sorting facility and since it is going to small town across the country it is going to take longer than I was quoted. Original quote was 2 weeks, then 3 -4 weeks. Now I get "hmmm that's weird it should have been there by now. It's been 5 weeks now!
    This sucks big time. I am very fortunate that the fellow I traded with has been very gracious and patient during his whole debacle. I am holding up my end of the deal and paying for the bass I was traded. So essentially I just bought two bass but one is MIA. There is super slim chance that it will turn up but I'm not holding my breath.

16. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    You haven't been able to file a lost box search with USPS?
    I've had to do that before, and they go through every manifest for trucks it was loaded on to find what sorting facility it stopped at.

17. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Oh they know what sorting facility it was received at. That's where the trail ends. No more updates to the tracking. The guy I've dealing with at the post told me its not there anymore and is on a train or truck going across country. I think he's full of crap.

18. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I've had similar experiences recently with both ups and FedEx. They both end the tracking, either saying it was delivered or saying that it was being held for pickup when it's really still on the truck. With ups it took three visits to their customer service center while it was slated to be held and every time it was never taken off of the truck. With FedEx a package was "delivered" but took another week and three phone calls to show up on my door step. When my svt was shipped to me FedEx changed the tracking number and didn't tell anyone. I tracked t down the day before it was supposed to arrive and called to have it held. It was never scanned off of the trailer, just said was on the way to arrive at the FedEx location that afternoon. I was going to leave to go get it and just as I did a FedEx truck pulled up in my driveway to drop it off.

Idiots abound. Good luck with your package, hopefully it arrives soon.

19. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Good news! Bass has been recovered and is on it's way to the buyer! Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out.

20. shaft311

shaft311 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Wow, any details there?

Did the USPS come up with some ridiculous story? "Some guy took it into the bathroom him because he didn't have a magazine and left it there."