Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stomach turning story

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bass Viking, Jul 11, 2005.

1. This is kind of gross, but my wife and I were coming home Saturday night after seeing Pat Metheny (fantastic show by the way). We got on the bus. It was crowded at the front but I saw lots of empty seats at the back so I headed that way. As the stench of fresh vomit entered my nostrils I quickly realized why no one was sitting back there.

It seems someone had puked at the stop before ours (and had gotten off). We could see vomit all over the seats and on the floor, it was slowly trickling along the floor and towards the rear door. The odour filled the bus and it smelled like the person had been drinking. I thought it would get better as the bus got onto the transitway and picked up speed, with the night air blowing through the windows, but that only made it worse. We considered getting off and taking the next bus but decided to tough it out.

A few brave souls actually sat down at the back. I don't know how they did it. I'm feeling a little queasy remembering the incident. Finally we got off the bus and took a long, deep breath. I couldn't help wondering if any passengers were sitting by the person when he hurled and got decorated...

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That makes me happy that I live in the Motor City and everybody has at least one car...

3. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    I remember back in elementary school, I was sitting on the bus next to a friend who had a few slices of hawiian pizza for breakfast. Well, his stomach didn't agree with him... what a mess... he didn't hit me though, thank goodness.

4. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

When I was a kid I remember getting up late one school morning and slamming a big glass of milk before running to the bus stop. I started feeling queasy almost immediately upon sitting down next to my pal. I told him I did'nt feel good and thought I was going to throw up......he did'nt listen. :rollno: I tried to turn my head and cover my mouth when I yakked but I did'nt turn fast enough and the action of covering my mouth resulted in the vomit literally flying into the face of my school chum. He just glared at me in disgust with my puke dripping off his face. The bus driver pulls off to the side of the road and this other kid sees what has happened and he yakks right on his book bag. It was'nt pretty.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Heh. Well, I can join this thread...

Back in my teens I was in a van full of folks driving back from a wild jam/party. Someone in the back had to yak. He tried to block the puke with his hands. HUGE mistake... he wound up spraying puke all over the back of the van. :spit: Fortunately I was crammed in the back corner and was only grazed. My brother got it pretty good, though.

6. So, usually we have Junior scoop the dog poop in the back yard. But last week I decided to give him a break. I got half way through and I got a particularly ripe turd. Man. I started scooping it and it was really rank. I backed off for a minute and got right back to it. Again it knocked me back. I decided to take a minute and regroup.

It was too late, I totally horked.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yay....vomit stories. You guys are great.

-Mike

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I remember a long time ago leaving the students union ,one of the porters got yacked on by some student...thing was the student had run out of the disco on the 8th floor in a desparate attempt to find the toilets....didn't make it and honked over the bannister - nailed the porter 8 floors below....quite good aim really.

I've been told, but don't remember coming home from my stag night....managed - in my very inebriated state - to redecorate the inside of the back of the cab, myself and my brother (best man to be) 'Hint of Yack'.....poor taxi driver... :eek: