Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stomp - George Clinton

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SnoMan, Oct 14, 2005.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I think this is the right forum for this..

This is a killer song, anyone know who's on bass in this?

I love that slap riff...Ra!

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    PCU!!!!!

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't know the answer to your question but I checked out you're website. Is that a Warlock you're playing? I gotta admit I've never seen anyone play that 'above the waist' and not slung 'kneehigh' low!

4. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    :eyebrow:

:bawl:

I really need a new pic on that site....

Yes, that is a high setting warlock....which didn't help any because the neck dive on that thing was terrible.

But thankfully I haven't had it in over 6 months, just haven't had the chance to get a good pic with me and a bass on there..

As you can notice the site was only recently updated(I just recieved internet at my home last week again). I should have a pic up with me my schecter soon enough

5. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Stomp? George Clinton?...what album? You're not confusing this with Stomp by The Brothers Johnson are you? If so that would be Louis "Thunder Thumbs" Johnson.

6. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    It's off the "Light up the night" album by the Brothers Johnson. Be sure to get the actual album (or CD I guess) because the Greatest hits cd cuts that monster solo in half.

KT

7. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    You must be talkin about the Brothers Johnson. If there is a George Clinton version-please let me know!!!

8. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    K, I'm trying to DL the brothers johnson right now so that I can tell you what the deal is. The one that I started this post on was directly sent to me by a friend...I'd say odds are it's been improperly labeled.

Of course now since I got the newer version of limewire all 8 of my attempts so far to download this haven't worked due to them being corrupted files......this is why I prefer cds

9. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    There are 2 versions of Stomp that I'm aware of, the main one is (as other posters have said) The Brothers Johnson with Louis Johnson on bass..and it is indeed a fine slap break. The other is on a Quincy Jones album called "Q's Jook Joint" where its been totally re-arranged and has a more hip hop/rap feel.

10. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Ok, none of these downloads are working...

Does the first line in the Brothers Johnson piece start with saying: "Feeling the Stomp will cause a hazard to your booty"

:confused:

11. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hey, your right, George clinton did do a song called Stomp.

http://www.last.fm/music/George+Clinton

never heard that one before..must check it out.

12. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    George Clinton's version of "Stomp" was featured on teh movie PCU. Was I the only one that saw it?