1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stomp I/O Maybe the best new bass effects unit to come out what do you think?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eddie M, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Eddie M

Eddie M

Jan 5, 2018
    Gulf Shores AL
    After looking at so many stompboxes I started to look at all the software versions an today the ik multimedia AmpliTube people just anounced a new stompbox that you can run and setup any sound you want using the AmpliTube software for Mac and PC and iPhone.

Its called iRig Stomp I/O .

I think this could replace using any pedals and you can create your own custom sounds. And record your playing and a lot more.

Any thoughts on this VS buy a ton of stompboxes?
    I think I might pre-order it but would like to see more on it.

Here is the website link and the new video on it.
    IK Multimedia | iRig Stomp I/O

2. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    I personally think this is boring and much prefer the look and feel and sound of dedicated and discrete pedals. Preferably analog ones.

3. Plectrum72

Plectrum72 Supporting Member

I dislike programs and apps originally developed for Apple and then converted to PC or Android. Never seem to work right outside the Apple framework. Of course, the reverse is also true regarding compatibility.

4. Beheroth

Beheroth

Aug 26, 2016
    digitech did it first and failed, just get an axe/kemper/helix

Driven Crane likes this.
  5. Bodeeni

Bodeeni Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    NYC
    I pulled the trigger, I have been waiting for an option like this and will be happy to let you all know how it flies when it shows up. I have been using the PC and IOS for quite a while at home. I tried the Irig/Iphone setup live a few times with out much success. I have a new Ipad and with the Stomp pedal interface, it could add a lot. And it 'appears' a lot more rugged than the blue board. I am not a big effects guy, but the ability to have a ton of effects, loopers and synths may change that for somethings. I suppose if I was using effects regularly I would probably have real pedals.

jfh2112 likes this.
  6. Eddie M

Eddie M

Jan 5, 2018
    Gulf Shores AL
    Cool.. I have still not ordered yet.

I wanted to get the AmpliTube MAX this is what they replied. Also no drum loop for the PC version. That sucks as that is one of the things i wanted to use to play to and create recordings.

There is an AmpliTube MAX upgrade for which you'd be eligible after you register iRig Stomp I/O, but there is no package of iRig Stomp I/O that comes with AmpliTube MAX.

The Mac/PC version of AmpliTube does not come with a drum tool (like AmpliTube for iOS's Loop Drummer) but you are able to import files if you have drum tracks you'd like to use.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  7. Having had my pedalboard accidentally kicked across the stage and stomped on my the singer in my band several times I’m not sure if I would want to put my phone or iPad on the stage floor. Can it be used without the external device?

8. Bodeeni

Bodeeni Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    NYC
    Ipad or phone can go anywhere with a longer cord

9. Cords can be caught and pulled

Veldar likes this.
  10. Strikeforce

Strikeforce

Nov 11, 2019
    So i purchased this in december 2018. Thought it was the coolest thing.. Its great for guitar players, not so much for bass if you are playing live,, it sounds like crap. every time i try to use it live.. its very muddy, volume issues, tone issues, etc. It seems to be a really expensive jam tool though. You can use it with your existing music through apple , and slow or speed up the songs. Thinking of trading it in at the local music store.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021