1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stomp the Guitarist!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Oct 21, 2006.

1. What are some basslines that sound wonderful but is absolutely impossible to solo over?

I was jamming with a friend yesterday after lunch, and I started playing the bassline from To Defy the Laws of Tradition (Primus) and my friend, who is a pretty decent guitarist, just could not solo over it. I told him the notes that I played C#G# chord and DA chord (for people that know the song), but he just could not find something to play... I found that funny =)

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    There is no such thing... Larry LaLonde managed to solo over To Defy's bassline.

No such thing as a bassline that can't be soloed over, there is such a thing as a guitarist who doesn't know how to solo though.

3. ^Took the words right out of my mouth.

4. well by impossible i mean hard... like weird chord/note progressions, etc

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Agg...

look up the changes to giant steps by Coltrane... :rolleyes:

Why do you take pride in proving that your guitarist isn't good? Shouldn't you be more concerned with songs you can play WITH your guitarist instead of starting a war against him?

6. no I just thought it's odd to see a guitarist not being able to solo over a bassline, and he's not my guitarist anyway =P hes just a friend from school

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ok.

Technically with work, you could solo over anything...