Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stomp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Leinad, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Has anyone else seen this? I saw it live a few months ago, and it completely blew me away, these guys are pretty amazing. I got a Stomp dvd last night, it's obviously not the same, but it's still pretty cool. Just wondering who else has seen it, and if you liked it.

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    saw it loved it but gave me a mean headache! those people are sick performers tho!

3. Know what you mean. Heh I was jumping round hitting and knocking on things for at least a week afterwards! :D

4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    you too huh?

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Me too :) Stomp are sensational. They've been around for a long time and every time I see them, they've come up with something new.

6. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    The wife and I saw "Stomp" while in London last May.
    Excellent show!

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I haven't seen them in probably 7 to 8 years but when I did see them at Texas A&M University it was really great!

brad cook

8. My friend offered me a ticket but I sadly had to pass it up because I have to do stuff today. That is truly a shame :meh:

9. if u like stomp (who doesnt!) id also recommend blue man group. different, but the same...

anyways, both are great.

10. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    As a former marching band nerd, I must recommend the show "Blast!" It's like a drum and bugle corp but tailored for the broadway stage. They use alot of dance, drum breaks, very impressive colorguard/rifle/saber work (and coming from a brass player, an arch-enemy of colorguard, that's saying alot) and alot of humor.
    And from the makers of blast is "Blast! ShockWave" it's not so much marching band as it is Jazz Band but with similar dance aspects. Kinda like how circe de solei haas all those different shows.

11. yup, blast rocks as well! ive seen it live twice.