Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stone bass picks?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassackwards, Dec 22, 2002.

1. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
  2. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    Nobody? Now I'm really curious. I did some more searching and found a couple other stone picks but these were the only big-triangle shaped bass ones. I may just have to get one.

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmmmm

no wonder they dont make stone jazz picks..
    they are made for rock players!

CHA CHING!!! :D

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Back in the late 70s/early 80s (IIRC), there was a pick called the "Min'd pick", which was a polished stone. They were $7 each back then. I bought several and I liked them; however, I rarely used a pick back then and it's even rarer for me to use one today. I could play pretty fast with one as there was no pick "recovery" time. That little bit of time may seem insignificant, but it made a difference. I could also get a strange "boing" type of sound when I wanted it by playing near the bridge. I still have one of those picks and the pouch they used to come in. The ones I used to get were shaped like SBA005.
    [​IMG]

5. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    Hey, thanks for the info! I often partake of the super-fast picking style and that sounds like it might help. I'm going to get one of the big triangle ones, though. I think I'd probably break one of those long ones.