1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stone roses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by K-T, Jun 30, 2007.

1. K-T

K-T

May 25, 2007
    tasmania, australia
    i love this song, in the stone roses fools gold clip what bass is that? by the headstock it look's too be a rickenbacker, it look's like a bass model of one of there guitars.

does any body know wat it is? :confused:

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
  3. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    Hi.Mani has almost always used the Ric.The Roses were awesome and could have have been huge but fell apart.To my mind Mani is one of THE best players.All of his playing is memorable and fit the song perfectly.

4. Stone Roses - classic breakdown at the second half of "I Am The Resurrection" - great bass hook!!!

5. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Mani also uses a Rickenbacker model 3000.

I have a 3001 (long scale model). Sleeper basses man, I'm telling you. Original Arctic Monkeys bassist was using one too.
    th_3001.jpg
    th_DSC01474.jpg
    th_DSC01481.jpg
    th_3001back2.jpg
    th_3001front2.jpg

6. For Those who haven't heard the track:

Absolutely great breakdown from 3:38 onwards - oh, the memories of my days in the Student Union Bar at University!!!!
    The Stone Roses
    "I Am The Resurrection"
    http://download.yousendit.com/D10951B65D126C5E

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021