1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stone Temple Pilots free streaming concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hover, Nov 2, 2013.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hey, just wondering if anyone caught the STP concert from Biloxi Mississippi last night? I know there's a few fans on here...

The show was pretty great, Chester sang his ass off. Held his own very well and the band seemed in very good form (Rob played a stinker note at one point and had a laugh too), Dean sounded stellar and Erick is a monster drummer. Period. They jelled very well overall through the "standards" and even pulled out a few shelved songs and dusted them off and rocked it out (I've NEVER heard Sex and Violence better, ever...) and the new songs set in pretty well against the classics to be honest (unfortunately they only played two of the 5 off the e.p.).

The Weiland-fellating conga-line was in full force crying about Scott not being there, but seriously...he had so many chances to get straight and the band didn't need to wait any longer to continue what they love doing. They deserved better, and the music deserves to be heard as it's our generation's classic rock that still holds up today. Pretty evident as they STILL write flat out monster riffs and hooks and melodies.

If you missed it, it's re-streaming today, 11/2 at 10:00 and 3:00, CDT.

www.evntlive.com

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Man I kept missing this, I was stuck at work!

3. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    The band is pumped to be working with Chester. They are back to being creative and not dealing with a disassociated junkie.