1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassist #79: Does my beaver taste like vanilla?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Oct 31, 2013.

1. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Beaver!

2. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz.

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Carry over...

Agreed that some people get queezy too easily. That said, there's something odd about the industrialization of meat production. There're big time environmental consequences out here in the Midwest. I ain't opening up the global climate change pandora's box, either, I'm talking about very real-time observable side effects like big ass manure run off from hog confinements. They can create mini eco-disasters. And that don't even touch the smell...

It's what's for dinner!

3. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Yeah, agreed 100%! I actually work as a farmhand, and I make a point of only taking jobs at smaller farms where the animals are treated with kindness and respect.

I'm an animal lover and a meat lover.:)

4. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    One Eager Beaver Burger, with boar bacon and a side of hawk rings please. NO SAUCE (it's just mayo).

5. Auspex

Auspex

Jan 30, 2013
    Boise, Idaho
    Damn, out of town for work, couldn't get near a pc...never ceases to amaze me how fast this thread moves.

Had back to back shows on Tuesday/Wednesday. Fun times, but Thursday morning I'm on my drive out of town for work when I suddenly realize I have no memory of putting my cab/amp/bass in the back of my car. I remember grabbing my keys, jumping in my car, and autopiloting home. Which would mean my dually/orange tb/fender are sitting in the parking space on the street downtown.

****. ME.

I was way too far away from town to turn back around. So I called my bandmates and asked if they remembered me dropping stuff off, or if they grabbed it. I get a no from everyone. I'm raging pissed at myself at this point. Freaking out that I just left $3k worth of music equipment on the ****ing street.

About 6 hrs later our keyboardist calls and lets me know the dually is at the practice spot, but no the bass and orange. I'm only a little less upset by now. 3 days later I'm able to get back to town. Bass and amp are nowwhere to be found.

Head to practice Sunday night and magically, my bass is there. Still no amp. Wednesday practice roles around and suddenly my amp is there. No one claims to have moved them, and I certainly deserved to be fvcked with, but holy ****, I was freaking out .

TL;DR I don't deserve nice equipment.

6. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Would you like a complimentary Grizzly Schnitzel with your order sir?

7. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Do you have your gear upholstered in live chameleons?

8. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Lol, I love your bandmates, nicely done! Evil and cruel, but nicely done.:D

9. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    No, you can only eat a bear if you killed it and/or butchered it yourself. Except if it's given to you as a wedding present from the person who did.

I would definitely try bear sausage. Which one of you Wisconsin peeps is going to hook me up? I've got trucks headed my way out of Wasau every week. That's my homemade summer sausage hookup.

10. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Well, I kind of think that a restaurant with a selection of every type of meat known to man should also give you the option to kill what you're gonna eat. A man can dream right?:D

11. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    The restaurant is just a jumbo helicopter. You pick from the menu, they drop you into the wilderness with a hunting knife, napkin, flint and signal flare.

12. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    HOLY. GOD.

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Don't worry, it's a good sturdy cloth napkin. So you've got shelter and a sled for hauling your kill.

14. I love this thread title hahaha

15. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Checking in. Penis.

16. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Welcome. Pelvic intrusions.

17. I'm sorry I let you all down, dear doom stoners, but the truth is that I can't keep up with you. If I ever post something, the next time I come to check where the conversation is at, I'm waaay too late and out of date. I just can't follow you because I don't check my TB as often.

If I ever decide to post some of my band's stuff online, I'll let you know. I don't think I'll answer, but I'll be reading you, sporadically, but attentively.

18. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    They were so brutal, when I saw them on tour with Cephalic Carnage and Regurgitate.

19. On another subject, how do you think an Alembic Series I bass will sound for stoner doom? Of course I'm too poor to afford one of those, but I'm still wondering how it may sound with some ancient alien fuzz. Damn are they beautiful!