Stoner/Doom Bassist Thread Part 5

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What model Behringer pedal is it?

2. Mattosaur

Mattosaur

Jan 21, 2011
    Michigan
    The BDI21 V-Tone. (I love that Behringer basically put Tech21's name in their ripoff of the VT.)

3. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
  4. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Geez dude, your new employers let you go on eBay AND YouTube?

So you actually work? Or do you just hang around *** and watch sexy Asian girls all day?

5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I'm a network engineer. No filters for me! Want to hang this weekend?

6. It's actually a copy of the Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI. I own that pedal too. It's every bit as good as the original. Not meant to be a copy of the VT. Welcome to the club. That pedal should cost way more than it does.

7. Lowest End

Lowest End

Mar 20, 2010
    Mass
    I have the Sansamp BDDI and it smokes! It adds that slight amount of grit I like when I dig in, but is nice and clean when I play lightly. I can't recommend the real one enough.

I just came to post that actually. Awesome stuff from them once again.

My band is shooting a video after we come back from the road and Red Fang's "nothing to do with the song" concept is our inspiration.

Performance videos are fine (staged or real, whatever), but to me what makes a video memorable is if it it's funny and/or entertaining. Red Fang hits home runs because they're both.

8. bobostein

bobostein

Jun 5, 2009
    As far as overdrive/distortion goes my DOD fx 50 b is pretty awesome. Has more bass than my sunn into a 410 and i'm tuned to b, it even works well with...active basses!?! Gets a sweet over driven tube sound at 2oclock and after that its kind of fuzzy. Sounds better than my rat>boss ds1 and still has more low end. BTW I only use ONE pedal, anyone else?

9. I like my OCD v4. And my black muff. I was thinking of getting a mojo hand collousus since my black muff breaks down when I look at it. I got too many pedals. there should be a pedals anonymous

10. Mattosaur

Mattosaur

Jan 21, 2011
    Michigan
    My black russian muff is a trainwreck too. I need to replace the switch I think, but I'm a bit hesitant to rip into a mostly functioning pedal until I have something to back it up with.

11. bobostein

bobostein

Jun 5, 2009
    My bad CL band story: This guitarist and I met up after two weeks of emailing and jamed. He had nice gear and liked doom so I thought perfect, now we need a drummer. So we met up with this other guy who was like 32 (nothing wrong with that but were 20 and 23) and his influence was SLIPKNOT. That drummer didnt last long. Then my guitarist became the flake-master 9000 and wont talk to me so ****em. Who else has a good/bad CL band Story?

12. bobostein

bobostein

Jun 5, 2009
    Before that I met up with some deathmetal drummer who didnt give a **** about what I wanted to do and the guitarist had some little combo and would just pink floyd solo the whole time.

13. Mattosaur

Mattosaur

Jan 21, 2011
    Michigan
    Crazy fast drums and long, drawn-out guitar solos? I would actually listen to that band.

14. bobostein

bobostein

Jun 5, 2009
    Trust me it was not good,cool,rad,neat,or even ok.

15. The same thing pretty much happened to me on a CL add. Mixed matched garbage drums and a guitar playing through a metal zone into a little combo. My White Amp through an emperor 4x12/1x18 and black muff should have been arrested for sexual assualt

16. Fuzzbassian

Fuzzbassian

Jan 12, 2012
    That Red Fang video is the business!
    I'm wondering what anyone can tell me about how the sansamp works with distortion pedals.If I was to use one simply as an amp substitute and run my dirt pedal into it,how different would it sound to running through a real amp?

17. So I pulled the trigger on a mojo hand colossus. I love my russian muff but it just isn't reliable. This looked pretty cool and I like the mid knob. It should go nice with my OCD and all my effects

18. Keep in mind, I have the Behringer clone, not the sansamp. I run my Bass Fuzz before the Di so if I have to run out, my fuzz is in the signal. The DI is not an amp substitue. It is only a preamp at best. You still have to have something to power it (power amp).

19. Darkonar

Darkonar

Dec 14, 2011
    Chile
    Other pedals work best ONLY if they're before the Behringer BDI, otherwise it will sound *not particulary nice or natural* so to speak

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.