1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stoner/Doom Bassists 52: Post your Bongripper bass cover youtube videos!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Mar 22, 2013.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    i cant keep up!! damn you busy season!

2. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Freaking awesome Ric man.

One of us! One of us!

G&L El Toro on my local CL. Pretty badass: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/3697567909.html

3. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    New amp day! Peavey Classic 400

My guitarist and I scored this 95 lb beauty from a guy from Craigslist. HUGE transformers!!!! Mother of god

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364000167.126401.

4. Sweet!!!

5. How Metal are these gloves? Playing it safe with the new lizard, I know a bite can't kill me, but it will send you to the hospital for a few days, better safe than sorry.
    View attachment 326422

View attachment 326423

6. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    400 tube watts, gentlemen. Should I add demolition to my resume? Haha

7. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Well at least BFD.

8. I guess not much clean headroom then, joking, joking lol

9. Long time no see, TB. I think I've missed 300 Doom threads.

Anybody pay attention to Verellen's facebook? Ben is going to be producing dual channel Meatsmoke pre-amps. For those of you who got burned on the the Magma pres, this might be your comeuppance.

10. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Hehehehe ;)

Guy in the ad stated the crunch channel wasn't functional. Got it home and fiddled with the preamp tubes and viola, crunch channel. :D

11. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    200W guitar amp rolling along. Not yet done but close

[​IMG]

12. PapaNanook

PapaNanook

Mar 19, 2013
    This is the V4, 8x10 and Jazz I've been using. The jazz is strung BEAD. I only really get the bite that I love with both pickups at ten and volume at least at noon, but worth it. Will need more power for driving lower tunings later! ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364003293.573407.

13. WhiteNinja

WhiteNinja

Jan 20, 2011
    I also missed the Ric worship from before. :(

Count me in as a Ric player, a Fireglo 4001 from '74. Wonderful bass, but I have some issues with it, maybe some of you Ric players can help me out?

In my band, we play at C standard, but that is giving me some problems. I used some Roto Jazz flats with it before (50-110) and now I switched back to Roto Swing 66 set (also 50-110). The Flats were ok with the tuning, and had enough tension, but the roundwounds are way too sloppy at C, even in D standard there is not enough tension. They feel and sound pretty epic at E standard, though. Not sure if a decent setup will help me out or a different string set, 110 IS too thin for C standard, I guess.

Anybody got some tips for setting up my Ric for lower tunings, and also strings recommended?

14. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    Got my Sound City Bass 150, will be here on sunday. Will be cranking with my 415 and 612.

15. I used to own a Traynor TS 200 full stack. It was a tone monster. Total sleeper amp, imo.

16. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    i just did the same thing as you, almost. we play C standard and i just changed from chrome flats at 45-105 to ernie ball power slinky rounds (50-110). it took me an hour or so of raising the action and doing the intonation to get the playing right, but then i had to spend FOREVER moving each pickup up and down to balance between the three pickup modes and my fingering positions otherwise the tone was either super honky or anemic, or unbalanced between both pickups.

i'd also recommend that to other ric owners who are unhappy with the tone, either try flats or move the pickup levels to get some pretty drastically different sounds.

17. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I started moving pups last night ;). More wrenching to come. I'm going to try this really cheap set of rounds. If that doesn't work ill try chromes one more time then I let it sit till I decide its long term fate.

18. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Don`t feel bad,I missed all the hot ric on ric action too.
    dude, that`s going to be super gnarly.
    I`ve got a mid 2000`s jetglo 4003 that I don`t play as much as I`d like because my friends all jam down in C and I`m not sure how the ric will take it(I`ve got 2 other basses tuned to C). Plus I`m not a master at giving good set up. I really should learn tho.

19. Yeah!

Now you know what I have been sayin'.