Stoner/Doom Bassists 52: Post your Bongripper bass cover youtube videos!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Mar 22, 2013.

1. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    what body you go with?

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Standard (so the double cut LP style one)
    1 humbuckers in the p-bass position.
    Hipshot top load/through body bridge
    Block inlays
    34.5" scale
    7.5" radius
    Anodized titanium finish w/black pickguard
    And of course setup for my super massive strings in low F tuning.

3. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    cool. id assume you will really like it, geoffs has a ton of cool bite which it seems you like a lot of in your tone due to the really low tuning. this 650B has even more than id like, we were surprised that it was brighter than the EGC, but ive been rolling the tone on the neck almost all the way off (think ive been keeping it at 2).

only thing id like to hear is theres a really cool harmonic overtone you get due to the aluminum, havent really heard it blended with a lot of fuzz yet or on recording so i wonder how that translates. almost sounds like a bell behind your bass notes, which is cool soloed out, but id like to hear it on a record.

4. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

*Sigh* I wish.

I've been wanting a white Rickenbacker for the doom stuff for a while now. Just can't afford it, though.

5. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    That is so nice of you! I wouldn't mind that at all and will PM my address :)

6. Lars_Vegas

Lars_Vegas

Jul 12, 2010
    Ryan's OSD is by far the best bassdrive/distortion (whatever) pedal I know!

7. Exactly.

I just dont understand the scorn for those that try to understand the whys and hows of how a piece of gear works.

8. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Glad to see the white box on there. I figured you would have tossed it by now.

9. I will agree with that unequivocally.

10. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    The scorn is not for those who try to understand. It is for those who assume that just because something makes complete sense to them and was the perfect solution for them then everyone else must want to hear about it and if they don't respond in the "appropriate" manner then they are not enlightened and willfully ignorant.

I'm pretty sure people selling Jesus door to door can't understand why someone may not want to hear the word of Christ. Why would they not want to hear about how he died on the cross for their sins? Maybe they should carry a pie chart?

Full disclosure: I would play the **** out of a dually. But it is just a tool. Lots of things would do the job.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Oh look, old crow whined about fearful cabs again and now there's stupid arguing for multiple pages. Let me know when it's over.

12. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    So...you want people to admire your cab and tell you how great it us but you don't want to engage dissenting opinions?

If it weren't for constantly reminding us how awesome it was then we wouldn't really have anything to discuss.

I love and respect everyone in this thread but I find it silly the way we treat this subject. This is the internet. It is a free exchange of ideas and opinions.

13. twhitedc

twhitedc

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ
    I've been saving for a Ric, I like white, and I seem to have been pooling gear from 1976... I'm definitely interested, especially once I get taxes out of the way. Hopefully we can make something happen. Feel free to PM me what your thinking / looking to get out of it.

14. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    LOL. Point out where I ever wanted people to admire my cab and tell me how great it is? Engaging in dissenting opinions is fine, but that's not what is taking place here.

15. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Congrats man. Anodized titanium finish is the mirror-like polish finish, correct? I like color too much to not go color, but those look incredible. Been hearing back from Kevin a lot more the last few days, my bass is almost finished. Hoping that it ships out today or sometime very soon.

16. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Then what is happening here?

17. So is that like a premade treble cut board you buy or did you make it?

18. Nothing like the joy of messing with a stuck shVtter. And I did the Florida thing for 4 years, anytime you are outside in Florida, not just going from place to place, you load up on the sunblock, you will burn faster than you can blink your eyes down there.

19. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Something about this makes me chuckle. Instead of pamphlets,"response graphs." I might let some of those people in my house just for the novelty of it.

20. OldCrow

OldCrow

Jul 17, 2012
    Whiskey, MD
    I think it was Beebass this time :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021