Stoner/Doom Bassists 52: Post your Bongripper bass cover youtube videos!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Sorry. I was too lazy to look and just assumed you were the troublemaker ;)

2. OldCrow

OldCrow

Jul 17, 2012
    Whiskey, MD
    Argh can do it from my phone

3. OldCrow

OldCrow

Jul 17, 2012
    Whiskey, MD
    Safe assumption

4. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Yeah, I run my RD in bright mode, bridge pickup only, and with pretty dead strings in pretty dark sounding amps and pedals. I'm thinking the bite from the EGC is going to work nicely with how I set everything up. Plus the low end on them is supposed to be great. A lot of what I play is peddled with a constant note so I'm hoping the harmonics and overtones will come through and add even more depth to the bass tone. I also run my signal a lot cleaner than I have in the past with just the DK with a bit of clean blend. I know it's a gamble dropping the $ on something like this without ever getting to play one, but I've seen YOB and Torche multiple times now and Aaron and Jon always sound great with their EGC's so I figure I can make that work too haha.

I will be PM'ing you back shortly

I'm pretty sure the Anodized titanium is actually more matte looking silver/aluminum finish (I'm actually still waiting for some pics from Kevin as an example as to what each Ano finish looks like). If the ano titanium isn't that one, then I need to figure out what that finish is and get that haha.

5. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    It's all just opinions, no need for fighting or bickering. I own and love a greenboy cab and own and love 3 810s. I don't put to much into the short lived arguments about cabs because I like what I like and don't what I dont. People will search out their perfect tone and hopefully find it within the means of their income. That is and will always be the determining factor of the quest. What can you afford or what are you willing to pay. You can find the best in anything if you try. I've seen high dollar rigs sound like crap and crap rigs blow me away. Just trust your ears and follow your wallet.

6. A friend of mine did all the work. it was about $15 in parts.

7. cool, thanks Ron. So it sounds like something the might be useful to have in a dual OSD pedal.

8. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    New thread title?

9. Pt 53: S/D greenboy Dually owners club. :D

10. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    I lived here for 26 years before I escaped to Seattle, and a climate that is more to my liking. And spending a year in the desert sealed the deal for me avoiding hot climates when I have a choice.

I wish I had a bass or drums down here though. My luck, the airline would eat my bass. Do you guys take your basses on planes?

11. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    hahaha

12. Something all can agree on,

Amplifier Worship!

13. i got nothing.

14. fixed it for you :bassist:

15. I wish I could find a steady climate to live in as I get migraines from fluctuations in barametric pressure. Of course I alreayd bought a house in VA which is apparently the worse state for migriane sufferers, arghhh.

16. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I wonder how long we could make this thread...before mods step it and close it.

A true test of our awesomeness.

17. Like Kramer and the car salesman episode how far can we go past E on the gas gauge

18. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    We could just continue under a different name, like "PHRASE AND WARSHIP".

I can't tell from my end if it is just my Android displaying a double post, or an actual double post.... Hrrm.. Phone goofyness.

19. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    My first visit and there's already horrible puns..."Phrase & Warship"? I LOVE it! I think I'm gonna like it here!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021