Stoner/Doom Bassists 72: tubes and pubes

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Sep 10, 2013.

1. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Warmoth dude. Warmoth infringe on fender/Gibson. Warwick are Germans that infringe on Spector.

2. Yeah ha ha, I have had a few Warwicks and typed the wrong thing I meant Warmoth lol. Gibson cut them off too, no more cool Gibson designs anymore on there.

3. Man thank you men for introducing my eyes to the bassist Paz, goodness she is sexy, tall long-legged Spanish women rock!!! Man how about Daisy Fuentes back in the day :hyper:

4. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hmmm. I won't burn a church, but I will mess up some peeps for the dough.

5. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    BREAKING NEWS:

THE BLACK ALBUM IS STILL BETTER THAN EVERYTHING

6. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Thanks brotato :D

7. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    That's not breaking news bee.
    Everybody already knows this.

8. Well not with people in it, I mean come on, plus who visits Norway and doesn't burn a church, I think they put up just to attract Panda Metal fans in the tourism department lol. Oh I got a story, my own black sheep uncle, was such a bruiser, football star in high school then straight to alcohol and a wasted life on Trailer Park style minimum jail time small town crime. But he had a weird since of morals too of who to rob and what not. A tough tough sum biich though, he was sitting at the local old man's bar in town, actually the first place I lived as a baby when my parents had me there was an apartment over the bar, lol. Anyway this guys who never has money is buying everyone drinks and my Uncle thinks how is the guy nigerian rich all the sudden, so he cozies up to the dude and the dude says he rolled this guy and took his cash, so one good turn diserves another, my uncle sat there drinking and biding his time till the bragger walks out of the bar then my uncle rolls the dude who rolled the other poor schlub. He said I knew him and didn't want to beat him to bad, but when I was laying a choking on him, he bit my finger and then I tuned him up proper, I like him, but he shouldn't of bit my finger. I remember him coming to my house and giving me, my brother, my cousins, cash and trying to give my Mom, Aunt, and Gram cash but they knew it was dirty money and refused it. The roller becoming the rollee

9. Ok good because if you start turning all kumbaya sausage fest on me, I will loose faith in MANkind for sure, jk jk

10. I dig Motown too brother, no shame in that

11. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    MIKE, GO TO THE CORNER FOR A TME OUT!!!!! ;) lol

In other news looks like my boost is in the final stages, thanks nick. Pink bass is getting torn down soon for proper set up and to replace some parts. Hoping to find a new pickguard for it today but hope is slim. Catch up on my rained out run and band practice. I'm thinking of putting a active preamp in my dimarzio loaded P bass for the metal band. I have narrowed it down to the only 3 that will fit. Emg btc, Seymour Duncan stc-2c-Bo, and the very expensive P-retro. Anyone played with the cheaper modules?

12. Satyrnine

Satyrnine

Aug 22, 2012
    Madison, WI

Agreed, I'll definitely look into that. It may be blasphemy, but I've never been a huge fan of the fender headstock for some reason. Much prefer Gibson-like designs.

Excellent!

13. Printing a fishing tournament 36 X 48" sign up sheet for the only freshwater fishing spot in this County, reminds of me of Rushing the catfish master, Caught a 100 pound sturgeon on 20 pound test, A Fish On!

14. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    goddamn right.

15. Satyrnine

Satyrnine

Aug 22, 2012
    Madison, WI
    I did a little measuring and I definitely have to stick with the J's. They are wider than a Thunderbird pickup route it appears. There seems to be some great non-traditional J pickups out there though, so shouldn't be a problem. I may have to add a thumbrest though, as J pickups aren't as comfy as T-bird pickups for thumb-planting.

I have no experience with Dimarzio bass pickups, but I LOVE their guitar stuff. I have the Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo in my Les Paul. I may go Dimarzio just for that reason, but we'll see. Lots of research to do now! Although I know they're great, I'm not a fan of the Bartolini logo on their pickups. I don't like logo's on basses.

I wonder what coil-splitting a humbucking J pickup would sound like.... Maybe I'll need to think about push/pull pots for that. Anyone have thoughts/experience with such a thing?

Definitely going with Ultralite's too, so thanks for that link.

I'd love to do a non-stained faux binding, but have heard masking stain can be futile. Anyone have tips in that regard?

Last, anyone ever seen body contours on a T-bird shape? I can't decide if that's a good idea or not. I probably can't do a forearm contour, as the top is only ~1/4 thick, I'd be cutting into the Ash most likely. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. Idk. SO MANY DECISIONS!

16. Satyrnine

Satyrnine

Aug 22, 2012
    Madison, WI
    I believe my ESP J-1005 has the EMG BTC (may be BTS though) Vol/Vol/Bass/Treb. It's great at what it does. LOTS of tone options, and sounds really great, although as with any active system, sometimes sounds off with some fuzzes. That said, I have mine running on 18v currently. Can definitely do subterranean lows and can be set to cut through any mix. Definitely versatile.

17. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    Custom Wizard Fuzz, "Deathstar"

[​IMG]

18. Made me think of this.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

19. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    Black album is awful, get the fvck out of here. Its the ultimate sell out album.

20. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    You're thinking of Never Mind the Bollocks...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021