1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 73 - Hair above but not below the Equator

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Sep 20, 2013.

1. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Yeah, I know... I was hoping we could just let sleeping dogs lie, but apparently not. :D

2. Yes they were called Hot Pants when they were still hair metal from 84 to 87 then in 89 they ironed some patches on their acid washed jean jackets and brought the heavy, ha ha, gotta love the cheese
    Don't quote me Wikipedia my facts are mostly lies

3. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    fvck slayer. :bag:

never got into them, i don't get the appeal. I'll listen to re-load before slayer. Master Of Puppets is my favorite Metallica album though.

4. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Burn the witch!!!

5. That's why I the guitar tone on that Norway song you posted took me back to my youth
    And dang nonya sum biches think it was funny when Trevor on Trailer Park Boys got raped by Steve French the mountain lion :rollno:

6. I vote Ride the Lightning

7. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    i never got into slayer, metallica or pantera lol.

8. Ah Slayer washed away my time wasted listening to Stryper and other hair bands as lost wee lad in the mid 80s.

9. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI

SHE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!!!

I GOT BETTA!!!

10. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Well, aren't you speshul. :D

11. I'll weigh in here:

Metallica - MOP. anything after can lick my shorn sack.

Pantera - can lick my shorn sack.

12. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    i do dig diamond head though. you know, that band that metallica completely ripped off.

13. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX

hetfieldtable.

14. Betta lol.
    Man I had a buddy and his father worked for Sony and he always had poopiee you didn't even know existed, my buddy was like come over we got a VCR, huh? We got a laser disc, huh? I got a camcorder, Huh? Then I would go home to my non ac conditioned house and pull out on Vinyl Ride the Lightning, and accept the fact I am a poor but happy kid

15. +1

16. Speaking of Diamond Head, how about King Diamond, like Freddy Mercury in Panda Makeup but I sure dug it and my mullet at the time

17. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    I still listen to vinyl like 98% of the time, but not because I'm poor. But because it wins. :D

18. DeathFromBelow

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    King Diamond (and Mercyful Fate for that matter) owns us all.

19. Well vinyl and tapes were available I was just raised by a single mom, Vinyl came with the cool pictures and I had nothing to do but burn, read books, and listen to music, oh and shoot guns!!! I loved Helloween vinyls for all the silly comic book stuff on the sleeves

20. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    damn, im all about metallica but thats too far samuel. slayer is just a great riffage band, not too much to their writing (metallica and megadeth were light years ahead in terms of structure and writing), but reign in blood, south of heaven, seasons in the abyss, and hell awaits are all top flight albums.