1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 74 - A few of beebass' favorite things...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Sep 26, 2013.

1. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I always forget about Type-O Negative, but they're probably one of my favorites. October Rust is a great album.

2. I had a Fender Highway One Tele that color, nice 6er!!! I would like to do a three pickup tele in oil finish.

3. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    fuzzfaces can have many knobs, lots of parts could be converted into controls. this one is just a 1 knob version. It is not just a fuzzface tho.

Also this came in today for the tourbox

[​IMG]

4. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    That Tele is sweet. Def on my bucket list of things I'd like to acquire.

5. Yeah I know you always tweak and mod away, just still trying to wrap my head around the majority of fuzz and overdrive forefather circuits.

6. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Got cut off on the phone message i was typing. got it for the typical going rate $250 super clean but all the "bonuses" are what sold me.

6FBD3371-6035-4AA8-B14B-B51689A60EDD-4835-000003D08507389E_zps954e2001.

Fully shielded, after market pots and cap, and loaded with fender noiseless pickups. it sounds really good. I put it up against some other tele's and it won the day for tone. I'm playing the tele more then the jazz i just finished putting together, lol. Now just need to find that elusive amp.

7. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    most of the originals had i think 2 knobs, 1 for amount of fuzz and 1 for volume.

8. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

Yesss! Getting that tourbox is gonna be an epic day

9. Lowest End

Lowest End

Mar 20, 2010
    Mass
    TB needs a "like" button for posts like this.

I'm a huge Type O fanboy, and it still makes me sad that I'll never get to see them again (I probably saw them 10-15 times).

10. Ah man I had a killer Tuxedo Peavey USA Reactor near mint one I would of hooked you up cheap, Dimarzio neck pup, the cool thing was it had a Strat nut width too!

11. +1

This is why I pair a TH pedal with a Crest ProLite 3.0...

12. ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Ive used the TH with my QSC GX5 and had good results.

13. Sweet deal. I have been hitting the 6 string hard again, I really liked the Vox until I put new strings on the Squier II Strat, and when I exchanged the Green Rhino with the Bluesbreaker clone in my pedal chain, I feel back in love with 6 string again.I heart single coils, I need to try some some straight P90s in that VOX or maybe those GFS P90 shaped mini humbuckers in it. Once I locked down the tremolo bridge on the Strat I realized that is the only thing I dislike about Strats and that is a simple fix, love that tone, the feel of the strat body and neck, just so comfy to me.

14. ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I didn't expect to like it so much. But i couldn't put it down. Usually means its a keeper. :)

15. I want to do the 7 way mod on my Strat, to add bridge and neck only tele style, and bridge, middle, and neck on all at once, Gilmour style, try to bring some more of the tele sound over to my Strat. But I am starting to wonder if it is just single pups or the Fender tele and strat tonewoods I am preferring over mahagony tones.

16. It's like finding a gal you actually like talking too, she's a keeper Ma!!!

17. Squanch, did you flip that Aria Pro you had?

18. Yeah a guy in California, I was surprised how long it took to flip, actually not much of a flip a little better than breaking even, but I was trying to free up Bassic cash, and I wasn't bonding with it enough, great sound, great build guality, but think I am just a Fender Style guitar guy. One thing I learned is it is much cheaper to ship a guitar through Fedex than UPS, it was only 25 bucks fully insured to ship it from VA to CA. If you dig the humbuggy sound you can't beat those Vintage Arias and Vantage Matsumokus for the build quality to price ratio. I like a longer neck scale too. I want to try out a baritone guitar like a 27 or 28 inch scale and keep it in C or D standard and a 1.75 scale nut width if I can find it for my spindly spider fingers to bond with.

19. Man my mind is blown, the guy I had to start the ebay never received process on, has received feedback for another swamp ash 51 P bass body he sold September 16th and received awesome feedback on it yesterday, *** is wrong with this guy. I bought and paid for mine on September 1st and never even an email, ***. Argh

20. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Damn Sam, I hope he gets it worked out for ya!